logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Installing the downloadable LOGic 9
WN4AZY
#1 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2012 10:53:17 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
If you are not currently running a previous version of LOGic, just click the link in your email, download the install program, run the downloaded install program, and enjoy!

If you get an error about the .NET framework not being installed, go here to install it, then reinstall LOGic.
http://www.microsoft.com...d/en/details.aspx?id=19 There are very few machines that do not have this installed.

If you have LOGic 8, please install the latest LOGic 8 tables update before installing LOGic 9.
http://hosenose.com/Foru...les-Update.aspx#post421
This handles the new Southern Sudan DXCC entity.

Make a backup of your log data using your current version of LOGic if any, version 5 or later. (If prior to version 5, please contact us). Go to Toos/Backup-Restore. If you are installing LOGic 9 on the same computer, you may use the C: drive.

Exit your current version of LOGic.

Download and run the LOGic 9 installation file using the link that you received in your email.

Do not install on top of LOGic 8 or any other previous version of LOGic. LOGic 9 needs to be installed in its own folder.

Run LOGic 9 and go to Tools/Backup-Restore to import your data into LOGic 9.

The FCC and DOC databases are not included in the download. Click Tools/Internet to get the latest data direct from the source.

If you have customized log forms and reports, they may be copied from LOGic 8 to LOGic 9. By default, LOGic 9 installs in the "program files" folder, whose exact name varies depending on your version of Windows. In 64-bit versions of windows, it will probably install in c:\program files (x86). To easily find it, right-click the LOGic 9 shortcut, click Properties, then "Open File Location" or "Find Target".

If you experience any difficulty, please post here, or call us at 770-307-1496.

Tnx for using LOGic & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
KA1J on 1/26/2012(UTC)
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
km2e
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2012 2:27:51 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
During the install of Logic 9, I get a error message: internal error .net framework not found

The machine I'm using is running XP, this is the same computer that I run logic 8 without any issues.

Waitng for your antidote.

Kevin
KM2E
File Attachment(s):
logic error.doc (825kb) downloaded 401 time(s).
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2012 7:46:36 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

KM2E: Please install the .NET framework 2.0.

http://www.microsoft.com...ad/details.aspx?id=1639
Choose the NetFx20SP2_x86.exe file.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
km2e on 1/22/2012(UTC)
AI4WW
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2012 9:14:18 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hi Dennis,
I’ve installed LOGic9 and restored backup data from LOGic8. I copied the old main.logform to the new program. When I open the main log form in LOGic9 I get a number of error messages “User-defined field xxxx not in fields table”. I opened the log fields utility and sure enough, none of the old custom user-defined fields were there. However, clicking on the “List all user-defined fields used in Log” button shows that all the old custom user-defined fields are present and imported correctly from LOGic8. How can I import them in the fields table without manually re-entering them one by one?
Dan, AI4WW
WN4AZY
#9 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 3:45:39 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

ai4ww:
You need to re-add these fields to tools/setup/log fields. (The data came across when you imported).

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
EI6FM
#19 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 10:29:22 AM(UTC)

Man

Hi Dennis, I have installed Logic 9 on my new computer, I have not been active on the radio for many years and cant remember where my Logic 6 backup file is. My old computer was a windows 98 box. I have the Hard Drive from the old machine and there are many files in the Logic 6 and Logic 5 Folders. Is it possible for me to import the old logs to this new machine which is running XP. I cant believe that I wasnt running backups, but it has been maybe 7 years since I logged or worked any station!!
Your help would be greatly appreciated. de EI6FM
AE7AE
#20 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2015 3:50:50 PM(UTC)

Hi group... just installed WIN-10 over WIN-8.1 a few weeks ago...all programs are working OK except LOGic9...
I get an error message every time I try to open it.
I had thought that all the drivers from the legacy OS would be compatible...but, maybe not!
I tried all the usual methods (Admin, etc).
Any comments from others who are using this version?
BTW...This version has the best of WIN7 and WIN8 without the worst of the 8 features!
Eddie AE7AE
W1DEA
#21 Posted : Friday, February 6, 2015 5:44:10 PM(UTC)

Man

Stupid question, what is the DOC database?

"The FCC and DOC databases are not included in the download. Click Tools/Internet to get the latest data direct from the source."
WN4AZY
#22 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2015 9:37:06 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Maybe not stupid -- I can't answer it exactly hihi. It is the Canadian equivalent of our FCC. I forget exactly what it stands for.

Dennis
W1DEA on 2/14/2015(UTC)