logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

retrieve a corrupted prefix database?
KA1J
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2014 10:56:48 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

This turned into a two part issue, here is the first part, the one I originally posted on a couple of hours ago:

I saw UN7AB, Kazakhstan, show up as a needed country. I knew I had that confirmed years ago and when I clicked on the call in the spot log, in the "Progress for DXCC" it showed the old UL listing instead of the expected UN. I had made the all the values and prefixes log match the ARRL designations a couple of years ago. I knew I had Kazakhstan confirmed on almost all bands so something was obviously amiss. I ran the "Update awards progress info and there are now 408 rejects and there were none the last time I ran that a few days ago.

I looked for my past QSOs with UN7AB and found the DXCC fields blank on the logging screen. Looking at adjacent QSOs I found some DXCC fields still have entries and some are blank, more than just from Kazakhstan. For instance; UK8OM comes up as blank instead of Uzbekistan which I had made UJ to match the ARRL designation. The database which I've been using for a couple of years now has somehow become corrupted.

I have a backup copy of the logic folder. What data files can I transfer from the archive to this stand alone computer to get my databases back in order? If there are a certain group of files by suffix that can be exchanged to do this, it would be wonderful. I don't want to just copy all .dbf & .cbx files unless I know that's what I need to do.

Part 2...

I closed Logic and when I restarted it I got a windows error message saying LOGIC.exe has stopped working & to search online or to close the program. As I was copying the info below, Logic did start and now the DXCC database appears to be back to being correct as I set it to be, for instance, showing UN for Uzbekistan. However, I have lost my last day's QSOs. When I restart logic again I get the same error message, a delay in Logic starting and the day's QSOs are gone. I'm sure the two issues are related but now I have a reluctant opening of Logic.

Here's the info from the notice:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: LOGic.exe
Application Version: 9.0.70.0
Application Timestamp: 47139f24
Fault Module Name: LOGic.exe
Fault Module Version: 9.0.70.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 47139f24
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00004099
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: ac38
Additional Information 2: ac387466df76c7f98f034212b24686d7
Additional Information 3: 23ca
Additional Information 4: 23cafe810bbb46d87a7f0938a06eb3ea

Any suggestions?

Thanks OM & 73,

Gary
KA1J
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 1:53:38 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Gary:

Thanks for your post.

Long and short of it, are you saying the prefix table has been damaged in some way?

To answer your question, the prefix table is in data\prefix.dbf. After copying that over, do a CLEAN or UPDATE AWARDS PROGRESS INFO. FYI:
http://www.hosenose.com/...es-I-made-to-LOGic.aspx

But what I would do is just install the latest update again.

On issue #2, I would try doing a CLEAN. Sounds like some indexes were amiss. If the indexes are fixed, the QSOs, all except for possibly the very last one, should come back. I doubt the have really been deleted.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
KA1J on 10/2/2014(UTC)
KA1J
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 8:09:55 PM(UTC)

Hi Dennis,

The prefix table was damaged as I described in part 1. I thought that was the only issue until I closed Logic and restarted it. When I restarted it, the #1 problem was gone (except for losing the last days QSOs) but now problem #2 has taken its place and is repeatable.

I have re-installed the update but it makes no difference; when I now start Logic, I get the message saying "Logic.exe has stopped working" and there is a 20 second delay in Logic starting. Logic does eventually start but takes 20 seconds with that warning window showing ot top.

In short, I can not start Logic without getting that warning message. The info available in the warning window says:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: LOGic.exe
Application Version: 9.0.70.0
Application Timestamp: 47139f24
Fault Module Name: LOGic.exe
Fault Module Version: 9.0.70.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 47139f24
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00004099
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: ac38
Additional Information 2: ac387466df76c7f98f034212b24686d7
Additional Information 3: 23ca
Additional Information 4: 23cafe810bbb46d87a7f0938a06eb3ea

This looks to be the same error message data as before so the data in the error message is repeatable.

Thanks & 73,

Gary KA1J
KA1J
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 12:04:12 PM(UTC)

A follow-up; I did as you suggested but was still getting that error window. I then deleted Logic through the Control panel's "Uninstall a program" and then manually deleted the Logic folder. I restarted the computer out of principle & then migrated the good copy to my "Ham radio only" computer & into the "Program Files" directory and did as you suggested in your link above; running the original install and then the latest update into the Logic folder's location.

Now everything is starting & running as it should with no issues.

Thanks for the pointer!

Gary KA1J