logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Moving to new Win 7 computer - Logic 9
WB4YDL
#1 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2014 12:49:16 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Dennis:

I've built a new computer that will retire my aging 11 year old WinXP machine. I read your post regarding just transferring the Logic 9 folder to the new computer and then install over it. A couple of questions -

1) The new drive will be a D:\ drive. Will I need to manually change the .ini file to reflect this change ?
2) I must have downloaded Logic 9 since I can not find the CD-ROM for it. I have them all the way back to Logic 4 ! Will downloading and running the latest upgrade do the trick or do I need the original disk data ?

73, Jamie
WB4YDL
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2014 7:20:24 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 485 time(s) in 400 post(s)
Hi Jamie:

#1. Good question. My guess is that you don't need to change anything. But, there are several .ini files, and I don't remember everything that is in all of them. Just try it, and if you run into problems, we can address that when specific problems arise.

#2. Yeah, you need a complete install. Check your email.

Let me know if any questions.

Dennis WN4AZY
WB4YDL
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2014 12:38:28 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Dennis:

I worked with it last night. Just for everybody's information, if you are using an SSD for the OS and a standard HD for your applications, just put your whole Logic 9 folder on your new D:\ drive and run the full install of Logic 9. When asked, manually type in D:\Logic 9 as your target and everything will work its way out. No troubles.

Now, when I applied the most recent update (63), that's when I ran into problems. It came up with the "announcer.vcx" box and I remembered that being a problem before. I looked up my old emails to this forum and discovered it had to do with the assembly files. In fact, on my old machine, I saved the not-working assembly files in a folder titled assembly-old. So, when I copied the files I knew to work over the new install, it worked perfectly. Everything came up exactly like I left it on the old machine. BigGrin

Thanks for the email on the disk install. I'll make a CD copy of this and squirrel it away.

73, Jamie
WB4YDL
1 user thanked WB4YDL for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 4/22/2014(UTC)