logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum errors
vk4iu
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 7:55:12 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

I love this forum software you use. It is the best by far. The only thing I miss is a spelling checker.

This morning I was again reminded of the smooth implementation of the forum.

I was in the middle of a long reply to Bill W7OO on Alert Log filtering, not to mention my own self education, when the following burst upon my browser screen - in the middle of typing text.

Quote:
Startup Error: Unable to connect to the Database. Exception Message: A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.) (10054)

Please contact the administrator if this message persists.

... it happened three times over a space of a few minutes.

Where did my 60 minutes of analysis and typing go!!!!

I need not have worried. With great trepidation I clicked the browser BACK button and "hey presto" all but the last few liness were there for me to continue. I quickly took my own local text backup, and pressed on.

On the first occurrence I had a small "heart attack". By the second and third error, I was a "forum seasoned veteran" - able to take the blows in my stride!

The implementation of AJAX on this forum is fantastic. You chose well. On other forums I have lost many a long message or email to such errors.

I have no idea what the message implies. If it had happened ONCE, I would have ignored it. After THREE times I thought you should be at least aware of it happening.

Afterwards, when I checked my email I had three notifications of Bill's last post on the topic. That may tell you something.

My priority: N/A

Peter VK4IU
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:22:52 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Thanks.

There is a newer version of YAFF for me to install, so hopefully that will address some issues. I think the PHP one is actually better, but I am not that familiar with PHP. Anyway, this gets the job done. The only thing it is missing that I would like to see is an interface to the Tapatalk mobile phone app. Some guys are talking about doing it. I think the newer version is more spam proof BTW.

The spell chec should not be a function of the server software, but of your browser. I am using IE10 and it works very well. I will attach a screen shot showing the intentional misspelling of "check" earlier in this paragraph.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

File Attachment(s):
capture.jpg (54kb) downloaded 125 time(s).