logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Troubles With Non-Real Time Logging?
N1HEL
#1 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 11:46:31 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

1. I tend to jump around between modes, bands, and freq.s when paper logging (as I get to know LOGic). Is there a way to get LOGic to suppress pre-filling MODE FREQ, and BAND as well as date and timeON?

2. I just noticed that even though I have "Real-time mode" off in my Log Menu, when I come back to the log after a break, it seems to be back to pre-filling date and time-on with the data from the previous QSO. When I rebooted this AM and checked Real-Time "off", it seemed to work OK for a while; then went back to pre-filling the date and time-on from the previous QSO. Have I found a bug?

-Paul, N1HEL

Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
vk4iu
#2 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 6:52:38 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
Hi Paul,

There are two places to control Real Time logging.

One the Log menu - for temporary use, and in the Setup, General Panel of the log form - the default when the form is loaded.

See Help, Log form basics, Logging a QSO. Or search the Help for "real-time".

Peter V4IU
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
N1HEL
#3 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 7:42:58 PM(UTC)

Thank you, Peter, but I don't think that solved my problem. I went to the Setup part of the Log menu and did not check real-time, the time on, or the time off boxes. LOGic still carries MODE, BAND, DATE, and TIME ON over from QSO to QSO. For non-real time logging this is a pain, since the Q's you're putting in are not necessarily seriatum. It there anything I can do to stop the "caerry over" behavior of these fields from QSO to QSO?

Thanks in advcance..
-Paul
vk4iu
#4 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 8:06:24 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day,

Your right - I just tested it out. It's a long time since I entered "paper qsos". This has changed from what I knew in the past - well, the memory is fading with every year that passes as well.

Dennis will need to answer this one.

Peter VK4IU
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 8:38:34 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Hi--

It is supposed to always carry over band and mode -- the thinking is that you will be operating several Qs on the same band and mode as a rule. When you change, just select the proper band and mode -- no extra work than if it were blank.

Frequency, same thing. If you tab to the field it is hiligted, so just type the new freq. No extra work. HOWEVER, unlike band and mode, you do not NEED to log freq.

The Time On should not be getting carried over. I will fix this.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
N1HEL
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 10:07:49 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the answer, Dennis. For what it's worth, FREQ is more important to me than BAND or MODE, serving as "proof" of a valid contact if anyone later wants a QSL. Also, when just starting out my ops (again, after 15 years), I find I jump all over the place, and, given the bad band conditions, don't end up with "strings" of similar contacts. "Contest-type" logs (in "runs") might be unusual for non-real time loggers. It's probably too much hassle, but offering a "switch" (no defaults vs. some) would be super.

Thanks for your attention,
-Paul

P.S. I seem to remember that with my old LOGic, if I worked a previously-worked stn, upon making a new contact, the log form would "fill" with the contact's name and QTH. Is this still an option?
WN4AZY
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 4, 2013 9:18:49 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Quote:
P.S. I seem to remember that with my old LOGic, if I worked a previously-worked stn, upon making a new contact, the log form would "fill" with the contact's name and QTH. Is this still an option?

It sure is -- it is on by default. Check the setup in log/setup.

DH
File Attachment(s):
Capture.PNG (51kb) downloaded 21 time(s).
N1HEL
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 4, 2013 10:34:56 AM(UTC)

Umm...err...well...yes it is indeed. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention. It is filling perfectly, as shipped. Now that's real responsiveness to customer concerns!
-Paul