logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Error in DXCC report
W7OO
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 6:00:50 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

I have been fussing around with the DXCC summary report. I have written you before about it. In looking very closely I have identified the exact problem.

Please refer to the attached file.

In the upper right corner of the report you will see that Logic gives me credit for 321 confirmed on CW, 72 confirmed on DAT, and 122 confirmed on PHO. Those are all good numbers.

In the center left of the report the same information should appear but the report shows 321 Confirmed on CW, 72 on PHO, and none on RTTY.

The Data or RTTY totals are listed under the Phone column and the RTTY or Dat column has zeros in it. Other numbers in those columns are switched as well.

I hope this explanation is understandable. Could you confirm that you understand and let me know if there is anything I can do to correct the problem?

As always I appreciate your help,

Bill
W7OO
File Attachment(s):
Awards-Report1.JPG (70kb) downloaded 41 time(s).
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:04:01 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Thanks, I'll look into it and get back to you in a few days. Sri for the delay.

DH
WN4AZY
#3 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 7:06:05 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Ok, delete IMG from tools/setup/modes, do awards/update awards progress info, and I think it will be OK.

However, a separate report for Challenge is no longer needed. Just use any of the usual awards tracking methods and select CHALLENGE for the subaward.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
W7OO
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 8:14:05 PM(UTC)

Hi Dennis,

I was looking at old messages I had left on this forum and found this one. Somehow I missed it when you sent it but I still have the problem.

I went to tools/setup/modes and get the table of actual mode, mode for awards tracking, ADIF mode, and Default RST. I do not find IMG in that file window anywhere.

I have attached a snip showing what I found.

What would you like me to try?

Thank you for the help,

Bill
W7OO
File Attachment(s):
dennis-snip.JPG (93kb) downloaded 28 time(s).
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 7:10:23 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi--

I apologize for the delay on this.

Have you tried the regular AWARDS report or ALL BAND AND MODE SUMMARY? Be sure to select the CHALLENGE subaward. The report referenced in your first post in this thread is obsolete.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
W7OO
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 10:45:16 PM(UTC)

Hi Dennis,

It always gets deeper and deeper. I have now played with the two reports you suggested.

First let me say I am running 9.0.50. If something in a later version changed any of this let me know and I will get the update.

All Band and Mode Summary

This report has two problems for my application.

I am quite sure it counts deleted countries in the Fulfilled totals.

It shows a total of 401 countries for the Total DXCC count. I suspect that 4J1 has snuck back into the active list.

All band and mode awards progress -- DXCC Challenge

This report lists all of the countries and then summarizes the information at the end. Interestingly enough the country count is correct showing 340 countries. This report will meet my needs. The only problem with it is that it does not total requested QSLs as it should nor does it total Worked no QSL. I have highlighted the attached report.

All band and mode awards progress

This report includes deleted countries (I think). It also has the problem of not totaling requested QSL and it does not total No QSL Sent. The DXCC country count is 341.

I have attached a cards needed report as well. This is accurate in my case for active countries. All of the other reports should show a total mixed confirmed of 328.

A new question comes up as I am gathering this information. How is a country marked as deleted? I have gone to the prefix table and added an end date for 4J1 but that did not make it inactive. I can find nothing regarding this in Help or the manual.

Thanks Dennis, I really appreciate the help on this. As I am approaching the Honor Roll these reports are becoming very important to me. Logic does a much better job of organizing the data than I can do by hand considering I keep receiving new country confirmations on LoTW and therefore pulling the paper cards I need to apply would keep changing. I love the way LoTW keeps track of all of this automatically.
File Attachment(s):
Progress DXCC Challenge 3-13-13.JPG (104kb) downloaded 20 time(s).
multiband awards 3-13-13.JPG (45kb) downloaded 23 time(s).
Progress DXCC 3-13-13.JPG (83kb) downloaded 23 time(s).
Cards needed 3-13-13.JPG (39kb) downloaded 22 time(s).
WN4AZY
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 4:45:47 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Ok, first off I see that you did not select CHALLENGE for the subaward when running these reports. You may have to scroll down to get to it.

If it is not there, go to tools/advanced/log fields. Locate DXCC. Enter a subaward

Description is CHALLENGE

For expressio copy and paste this (there should not be a line break after LISTS.DELETED -- you may have to paste it into notepad and fix it first)

QSO_DATE >{^1945-11-15} AND NOT LISTS.DELETED
AND INLIST(ALLTRIM(BAND), "160M","80M","40M","30M","20M","17M","15M","12M","10M","6M")

It should already be there though.

When you run a report and select the subaward, it should say CHALLENGE under the report title. I just tested it on the AWARDS report.

Do get the latest update. My All Band and Mode Summary shows a total for Requested. It is missing column header for CW on the summary page which I will fix, but looks good otherwise.

Deleted status is in tools/setup/lists of valid values. The prefix table has nothing to do with awards tracking.

Congrats on your Honor Roll. Glad to have a small part it it. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

DH