logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

How do I keep track of "active topics" in the forum?
vk4iu
#1 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 8:10:00 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day,

Yes, seeing what others are discussing, or the issues they are seeing using Logic, is often difficult. Even with "email reflectors" there is often a flood of emails to deal with, and one ends up reading many that are of no interest.

One usually wants to see the discussions of personal interest only, and go straight to them.

So, on the forum I work like this ...

I note which forums I am interested in - say Contesting.

I open the Forum, and down the bottom right there is an item - Watch Forum. Click on this, and click OK, and whenever anything is added to the Contesting forum, you will receive an email. When you get the email, simply click on the link and you will be taken straight to the topic. Login to the forum if necessary.

Better still, when you login to the forum, click on the My Topics link in the top line, and you will be shown a personal list of all the topics that have been added or changed since your last visit to the forum. See the note below about TABS.

If you post to any forum, the post will be automatically marked as "Watch this Topic" and you will be sent an email when anyone "replies" to your post.

Also, on the front page, towards the bottom, there is a less personal list of all Active Discussions over time. The oldest eventually drop off the bottom. Click on the item to go straight to the Topic.

To make life even easier, make use of the TABS in your Internet browser. Open the forum, and login, in the first tab, when you click on a specific forum, or link, open it in a new TAB. Then in that TAB, when you click on a Topic, open it in a new TAB. When you have read the Topic, close the TAB, and you will drop back to the forum without having to wait for the forum to load. One can open lots of TABS at the same time, as necessary.

To open a link in a TAB, check the Help for your Browser - ask for Help on the forum. In IE, Chrome, or Firefox, hold the CTRL key when you click on a link. You can also Right Click on a link and select an option.

Peter VK4IU
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
1 user thanked vk4iu for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 3/6/2013(UTC)
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!