logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Station worked before check mark feature / Progress award function
KA1J
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 4:29:36 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

I chase dx quite a bit and find the check mark to the right of the call sign is very useful to me, most specifically to tell if that it is the same person I have worked on that band before. Once I see if they are new for me on that band or if they have QSLed me via LOTW or card, I know I can count on them for a reply. If I see I've worked them several times and no QSL, I might not want to waste my time breaking a pileup.

What I would like to see altered is if I click on the check mark to get the window telling me which band/mode that station has been worked before, I'd like to make the notification window disappear if I click on the check mark square again or hit escape. During the hunt it's nice to not have to make un-necessary mouse movements & clicks. If one click to see and a 2nd click in the same place to make it go away, it's more efficient.

The same applies to the progress award, hitting the escape would be faster than moving the mouse, click on the X to close the window & back to the active log window to click & then get to the key.

Any saved motion is a help.

Gary
KA1J
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 9:41:22 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Gary--

Thanks for the suggestion.

What I recommend is leaving the Other QSOs and Progress 1 forms open. Don't close them. Position them where they aren't covered by something else, and just look at them (they update in real-time as you log). This way there are NO keystrokes hihi.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
KA1J
#3 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 10:54:48 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: WN4AZY Go to Quoted Post
Hi Gary--

Thanks for the suggestion.

What I recommend is leaving the Other QSOs and Progress 1 forms open. Don't close them. Position them where they aren't covered by something else, and just look at them (they update in real-time as you log). This way there are NO keystrokes hihi.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

Hi Dennis,

That would work except I have the screen full with information I use on a constant basis and there's no room left unless I remove something I use.

My desktop

I have the callbooks window covered by the spot log, The browse window above that, the info bar is mostly covered by the Browse window and the Progress for DXCC (Main) but all are placed so I can see the Zulu time, the log screen fills the rest of the space.

When I click on the check mark to see which bands I've worked someone on, that window covers the progress for DXCC, the info bar and the Browse window.

Thanks for the reply & 73,

Gary
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 8:38:28 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
{Ctrl-F4} is the Windows standard key to close a window, but the Keyer has that taken over. If we had a shortcut to close the window, I think that would do what you want -- the last-opened window would then become active.
KA1J
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 6:44:20 PM(UTC)

Just being able to uncheck the box while the mouse is still on it is fast. Just a quick glance will tell if you if the person is someone I have worked on a given band before, tells LOTW or QSL card status too.

Gary