logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Error Message During Install
Rowland
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2012 11:30:19 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I did a complete un-install of Logic 9. As I was re-installing the program, the installation routine said the source (my CD) for both the callbook.dbf and the membership.dbf was unreadable and I had to click "Ignore" for both files in order to complete the installation.

Once completed and without starting Logic 9, I performed the #44 update before running Logic 9 for the first time. Did the update include the callbook and membership DBF's? If not, can you tell me what is the process of getting these files installed into my Logic 9 program?

Thanks,
Rowland
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2012 9:51:49 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Good morning. Sorry for the problem.

The callbook and memberships database can be updated from the internet. There is nothing on the CD that you can't download in this respect. Just click TOOLS/INTERNET. Get all of the callbooks, and just the memberships you are interested in.

We need to make sure you have a good CD. Make sure it is free of fingerprints etc, then try copying the contents to a scratch folder on your hard drive. If this fails I will send you another CD.

More likely it is something else. There are two versions of the callbook and membership files on the CD. I have seen the installer ask to overwrite these files when installing. However, I have never seen errors about them being unreadable, even with User Account Control on. I have seen Windows explorer not let me delete or rename files because the "are already in use" when in fact they are in use only by Explorer. Wait a few minutes and try again, it works.

Anyway, let me know where we are with this.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY