logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Error on Grid Square
ct1bxx
#1 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2012 6:30:10 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi,
I have noticed a big mistake on Logic.
Please check if you got same problem:

In case you pick up a call from SpotLog, the Grid Squares value is from the Spotter and not from the DX station!
I have tested it today with ES5QA and for three times I got 3 different values for ES5QA. Checking grid squares from Spotter i found the problem! The values are picked from spotter and not from de Dx station!

For that reason we need to verify all the log, in order to found more problems from this situation.

Could you please confirm if you have same mistake?

I am using Logic9 and QRZ.com

73 Manuel Fernando - CT1BXX
File Attachment(s):
GRID_Error.jpg (110kb) downloaded 40 time(s).
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2012 1:10:03 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Unfortunately it is not always easy to tell the grid square of the spotter from the station being spotted.

Format is usually grid of station spotted followed by grid of spotter.
FROM him TO me

Is this not what you are seeing? What does the Comment say exactly?

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
ct1bxx
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2012 5:38:12 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: WN4AZY Go to Quoted Post
Unfortunately it is not always easy to tell the grid square of the spotter from the station being spotted.
Format is usually grid of station spotted followed by grid of spotter.
FROM him TO me
Is this not what you are seeing? What does the Comment say exactly?
Tnx & 73,
Dennis WN4AZY

I am sending another picture with Comments it has what have told but it is not suposed that the grid is the value from de DX station and taken from qrz.com? Perhaps I am missing something.
In first case, IN51RE is the grid from CT1ANO the spotter, please confirm in qrz.com and you will found that all the different values are from the spotter and not from the DX station. In other hand why do we have some spots without any value , while in QRZ the value is always there? (KO38om)
It seems that something is wrong: sometimes wrong value, sometimes no value at all but never the KO38om the value in qrz.com

I have another question, could you please inform how to take off the menu "Functiopns Keyer Keys" I have not found how to do.

Thanks

Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
File Attachment(s):
grid2.jpg (552kb) downloaded 46 time(s).
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2012 10:24:32 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

LOGic gets the grid square from the comment of the spot, not the callbook. What I will do is calculate the dx from each of the grid squares to the station being spotted. The shortest dx wins.

In the case of your screen shot, ko38om was entered last, so it was assumed to be the spotter. The comment ko38om, only direct failed because of the comma. That I can clean up.

To hide the CW Function Keys toolbar, click the CW KEYER menu on the log form, and HIDE TOOLBAR.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis
ct1bxx
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2012 11:00:04 AM(UTC)

LOGic gets the grid square from the comment of the spot, not the callbook. What I will do is calculate the dx from each of the grid squares to the station being spotted. The shortest dx wins.
In the case of your screen shot, ko38om was entered last, so it was assumed to be the spotter. The comment ko38om, only direct failed because of the comma. That I can clean up.
To hide the CW Function Keys toolbar, click the CW KEYER menu on the log form, and HIDE TOOLBAR.
Tnx & 73,
Dennis

Dennis,
Thanks for your email.

Please, permit me to make a last comment, and sorry to take your time.

1- I thought that it would be more accurate to pick up from qrz.com , than from an information from someone else. In other hand, if there is no information in "Comment" field, we will not have any Grid square even if it is present in qrz.com.

Sorry for this comment, perhaps I am not right, perhaps I am not understanding the way it must be done, and if you choosed that way is because it would be best way to do, it is just a final comment.

73 - Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2012 8:23:40 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Well, if the grid square is given in the spot, you obviously do not want to use the callbook. The station could be portable, and I do not trust the grids given by callbooks. More often than not the lat/lon from the callbook is based on postal code and is only approximate.

The problem is just that people do not enter grid squares consistently when posting the spot. I think the method mentioned in my previous post will solve the problem 99% of the time.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
ct1bxx
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2012 10:47:25 AM(UTC)

Well, if the grid square is given in the spot, you obviously do not want to use the callbook. The station could be portable, and I do not trust the grids given by callbooks. More often than not the lat/lon from the callbook is based on postal code and is only approximate.

The problem is just that people do not enter grid squares consistently when posting the spot. I think the method mentioned in my previous post will solve the problem 99% of the time.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

Hi Dennis,
Thanks for explaining the reason.
Now I understand, I have not thinking about the portable question, and even the possible errors from lat/lon, perfect.
Sorry for all the trouble caused.

Thanks.
73 Manuel Fernando - CT1BXX