logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Contest Cabrillo Log Export - Split Freq
K8ZM
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2024 10:00:03 AM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
When working a station split freq, LOGic logs "Freq" (RX) and "Freq TX". However, when you export the Cabrillo contest log, LOGic outputs the RX Freq. The issue is, especially for the CQ contests, anyone you work split where their TX freq (my RX) is "out-of-band" you get penalized. So, if you work someone split and their TX (my RX) is 7.106 and my TX is 7.225, the Cabrillo exported logfile will have the Freq as 7.106 which is out-of-band (for Phone) in the US, the contest logcheck reports the QSO as out-of-band" and applies a penalty, even worse if it was a multiplier as you lose the QSO, its multiplier AND you get a score deduction.

Can I add something to the contest logform to recognize Freq TX "IF" its not blank, or is there some other way to swap Freq TX for Freq when Cabrillo exporting a contest log ?? Maybe a toggle or checkbox could be added to LOGic allowing you to select "Swap RX for TX if Split". Just looking for the best way to automate this and avoid having to manually intervene.

Thanks, Brad K8ZM

Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!