logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

CW Function Key repeats itself
N5XZ
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 7:08:17 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 51 post(s)
In only one position [F11] most of the time when I send the CW message associated with that key, it repeats itself. Sometimes it will truncate the end of the first sending of the message and immediately send it aagin. I tried to use "TU", "TU||||5NN" and "TU||||5NN||||TX" When I send it, it always repeats unless I shorten it to "TU" only, then it does not repeat.

Where is this info stored in LOGic? Seems to be that the data file for that position is corrupted and it won't work properly no matter what I do. This is an old problem that occurred even in the previous version.

Any ideas?
73, Allen N5XZ
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2013 12:28:14 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Strange -- wonder if there are is a repeat command that is in the setup that isn't showing for some reason.

The info is stored with the log form in the [Keyer] section. You can look at it and edit it with notepad.

Are you using Logic's keyer or Winkeyer? Winkeyer tends to get flaky. Unplug it from the RS-232 line for 10 seconds or so to reset it.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
N5XZ
#3 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2013 6:54:04 PM(UTC)

Using Winkeyer, Dennis. Yes, I had to reset the RigExpert Plus controller to fix it. I am switching to a MicroKeyer II soon, so maybe some of my flaky issues will go away.

Hope so!

73, Allen N5XZ
N5XZ
#4 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2013 9:26:30 PM(UTC)

Dennis, I wonder if it would help if you added a one-shot or a buffer in the program? Could be my key (on keyboard) is dirty and "bouncing" (sending two switch closures).

What do you think?

73, Allen N5XZ
N5XZ
#5 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2013 8:58:24 AM(UTC)

Dennis,

I noticed that the only way to fix the problem is to reboot the computer. Perhaps this piece of info will help diagnose the problem.

73, Allen N5XZ
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2013 4:16:26 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
There isn't anything wrong with your keyboard. If it were bouncing you would see it when you do other stuff. You can verify this by sending the CW macro with the mouse instead of the keyboard. It will do the same thing. It is WinKeyer that is repeating, not LOGic.

Debouncing is done at the hardware level and not something that application programmers deal with BTW. You could try decreasing the keyboard repeat rate in the Windows control panel. But then again, if it were too quick, you would notice it doing other things.

Quote:
I noticed that the only way to fix the problem is to reboot the computer. Perhaps this piece of info will help diagnose the problem.

Unplugging WinKeyer won't do it? Quitting LOGic then restarting won't do it? Then it is probably USB=>RS232 driver issues. Who wrote the driver (See device manager)?

DH
N5XZ
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 8:07:45 AM(UTC)

Just replaced the RigExpert with a Micro Keyer II. We'll see if that makes a difference. I'll check on the driver revision when I get home, but maybe when I installed the Micro Keyer II software, it might have gotten updated.

Will advise...
73, Allen N5XZ