logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Update process - clarification
vk4iu
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 6:53:32 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

Can you clarify the update process for me.

When I apply an update, say update 9.0.53, on the last panel there is a "Launch Logic" box that is normally ticked.

If I leave the box ticked, Logic starts and initiates a "clean" process, then loads the log etc etc. This process uses the "normal" instance of Logic only.

If I have multiple instances of Logic, and multiple data areas, I then need to run a "clean" process on each before I start that instance of Logic.

The small issues with 9.0.51 have got me a little confused as to exactly what process I should follow - is what I am doing the correct process.

Can you verify, clarify, what I need to be doing when an update becomes available - with respect to multiple instances, multiple data areas, and reports areas.

Peter VK4IU

PS: In case you were wondering, I use all this concurrency to do log analysis, both of my own, and the public logs available from the CQ archive of past contests. I also use multiple data areas to make exporting specific data repeatedly a little easier on my time, and multiple report areas to separate report development from my "production" systems.
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 9:23:16 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 485 time(s) in 400 post(s)
Hi--

Sri for the delay on this -- I had to research it then I was sick for a couple days -- nothing serious.

To force a clean of an additional database, delete the .CDX files from the directory that contains the additional data. When LOGic starts, it will detect they are missing and recreate them.

To make a shortcut, make a shortcut to the additional database as described in Help (Networking and Multiple Databases) or here:

http://hosenose.com/Foru...ate-a-new-database.aspx

Modify that shortcut. Change the target from:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\LOGic\logic.exe" DATA='C:\n6mrq'

to:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\LOGic\logic.exe" DATA='C:\n6mrq' CLEAN=YES

Change the name of the shortcut, and the icon if you want to. Ours is named BROOM.ICO and located in the LOGic install folder.

Let me know if any questions,

Dennis
vk4iu
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 11:08:06 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day,

Hope you are feeling better.

Thanks for that. Great - that's exactly what I have set up. I feel more comfortable now.

Peter
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.