logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

K3 - two radio support
vk4iu
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2013 9:35:41 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day Dennis,

I am moving to a "two radio" config for Logic for DXing. I run N1MM for contesting in an SO2R configuration using MicroHam MK2R+ and Station Masters. So in essence all the serial ports are virtual serial ports via the MicroHam Router (Eltima drivers) software.

We are talking here about a different PC, a WinXP based system for contesting, as compared to the discussion elsewhere re Win 7 and Serial ports, Bluetooth etc - that PC is used for log analysis and reporting.

I can run TRX Manager and configure two radios and both function correctly.

If I configure Logic to use TRX Manager for both radios I get two copies of the ONE radio - see image below. The right radio should be on 15 meters. I guess the OLE interface to TRX Manager may not allow more than one radio. Yes? No?

TRX 2 radios, Logic one twice

If I remove TRX Manager and configure Logic to control each radio directly, radio 1 starts cycling through a set of numbers one of which is the corrct frequency, while the second radio is correct. I can change modes and use the buttons on both radio toolbars, but radio 1 does not display the frequency. See a short video here

If I configure OmniRig, both radios operate correctly.

Where does the future lie here - with OmniRig? ... TRX Manager? ... or the Logic drivers?

Peter VK4IU
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2013 9:15:08 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 485 time(s) in 400 post(s)
Hi--

The TRX-Manager interface just looks like one radio to LOGic. It is my understanding that TRX-Manager actually supports only support one radio at a time. You could just switch between 4 radios. This is unlike LOGic, where all radios are active at once. That may have changed with TRX-Manager with an update -- I am not sure.

What I recommend is interfacing one radio to TRX-Manager, and the other directly to LOGic. LOGic would still talk to TRX-Manager of course.

From your video, I don't understand why the frequency is jumping around. What kind of radio is it?

DH
vk4iu
#3 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2013 3:25:56 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
... both radios are Elecraft K3s.

TRX Manager 4.7.2 has a concept of a "sub-reciever" - not a second receiver in the same radio, but a second radio on a second com port. It is only supported for some specific radios, of which the K3 is one.

Peter VK4IU
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.