logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Importing adif from N1MM does not fill 10-10 information
N5XZ
#1 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2013 9:14:45 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Dennis,

Over the weekend, I operated the 10-10 contest using N1MM. However, when I imported the adif file, the 10-10 numbers did not transfer to the proper fields in LOGic. They are there in <APP_N1MM_MISCTEXT> as seen in this example:

<CALL:5>W5TKZ <QSO_DATE:8>20130202 <TIME_ON:6>000022 <SECTION:2>TX <BAND:3>10M <STATION_CALLSIGN:4>N5XZ <FREQ:8>28.42000 <CONTEST_ID:7>TENTEN- <FREQ_RX:8>28.42000 <MODE:3>SSB <NAME:3>ROY <RST_RCVD:2>59 <RST_SENT:2>59 <OPERATOR:4>N5XZ <CQZ:1>4 <STX:1>1 <APP_N1MM_EXCHANGE1:2>TX <APP_N1MM_POINTS:1>2 <APP_N1MM_RADIO_NR:1>1 <APP_N1MM_MISCTEXT:5>76490 <APP_N1MM_RUN1RUN2:1>1 <APP_N1MM_RADIOINTERFACED:1>1 <APP_N1MM_NETWORKEDCOMPNR:1>0 <EOR>

So now that I have imported the file into LOGic, what procedure should I use to get the 10-10 numbers in the log? (See attached complete file.)

(Note: .adi file changed to .txt file because adi is not on the list of allowed files for upload.)

Thanks in advance,
File Attachment(s):
N5XZ.txt (352kb) downloaded 34 time(s).
73, Allen N5XZ
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2013 11:18:46 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Ok, so long story short, LOGic uses 1010# for the field name, and your file uses APP_N1MM_MISCTEXT.

Go to tools/setup/log fields. Locate the 1010# record. It is the first record on mine. Click the ADIF tab and enter APP_N1MM_MISCTEXT for ADIF name.

Do your import, then change it back to TEN_TEN when you finish to be compatible with the rest of the world.

This is the "proper" way to do it. The quickest way to do it may be to simply open your .ADI file in notepad, and bulk- occurances of change all APP_N1MM_MISCTEXT: to TEN_TEN:

Let me know if any questions.

Tnx for using LOGic.

Dennis WN4AZY
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
N5XZ on 2/5/2013(UTC)
N5XZ
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2013 11:35:04 AM(UTC)

Thanks Dennis.

Well, I've already done the import and of course the APP_N1MM_MISCTEXT was ignored so the 1010# field was not populated. Is there a way to update those imported records (total 838 contacts) or was the APP_N1MM_MISCTEXT simply ignored? I suspect I will need to delete those contacts and do one of the procedures above. Is that correct?

Thanks,
73, Allen N5XZ
vk4iu
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2013 5:34:13 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
Hi Allen,

This is where a backup of your log would come in handy.

I also use N1MM, and import the N1MM log in ADIF format into Logic after every contest - and have done so for many years.

Taking a backup BEFORE you import is a very good idea, and again after the import to Logic, when everything has worked OK. This is much simpler now that Update 50 of Logic 9 automatically names the backup with the data and time.

In Logic's "Log field setup" dialogue, in the ADIF panel, one can relate the "external N1MM name" to the "internal Logic field name".

Unfortunately N1MM uses the same name APP_N1MM_MISCTEXT for different data in different contests. So long ago I settled on standard names in the Logic ADIF panel, and use a text editor to edit the N1MM field name to "my field name" before I import the data.

The backup makes life easier if I make a mistake - which, unfortunately, is getting more common as the old eyes and fingers no longer always obey my thoughts.

I take a backup before any major change that I make: N1MM import, eQSL/LOTW updates, end of a DXing session, QSL card data input session, Awards progress updates.

The Logic backup only includes the log, and any eQSL pictures. I take a complete copy of the Logic 9 "folder/directory" after any changes to reports, log forms etc.

A 500GB external USB drive is very in-expensive and, in my case, has the space for nearly two thousand full backups or hundreds of thousands of simple backup copies of my log.

Peter VK4IU
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2013 7:51:40 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Thanks Peter.

Yeah, just delete the QSOs and reimport. To go tools/advanced/database commands, type

USE LOG

DELETE FOR CONTEST_ID="1010" and QSO_DATE <= {^2013-02-01}

That is just an example -- fill int he particulars correctly. There are also menus to walk you thru creating the these commands.

Make a backup first of course hihi.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
N5XZ on 2/5/2013(UTC)
N5XZ
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2013 8:34:36 PM(UTC)

Thanks Dennis, worked smooth as silk.

Peter, I always backup as you recommend.

73 and thanks again,
73, Allen N5XZ