logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

QRZ lookup
W5GA
#1 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2021 8:31:35 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 97 post(s)
If a QRZ lookup fails, it seems LOGic crashes.

73 Doug W5GA
1 user thanked W5GA for this useful post.
N5XZ on 10/13/2021(UTC)
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
N5XZ
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2021 5:14:16 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I do get alot of error messaged that can be ignored, but it is a pain.
73, Allen N5XZ
WN4AZY
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2021 8:25:49 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
What does the error message say?

Tnx/73,

Dennis WN4AZY
ZL4AS
#4 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2021 4:01:57 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have had problems for a long time.

Initially I was doing individual look ups, but recently I have been using the "Tools> Call book batch update" on a daily basis. After a day of 50+ contacts I will get errors on up to 5-10% of the look ups.

I often do this just after the utc day ends and leave the computer to run while I go do something else. This is mainly because it can take quite a while if a QRZ.com page has lots of images. These are extremely slow when above 50 and I have even had one with over 1000! Because I know the error will occur, I regularly pop back to check progress.

The first error message is:

Error 1429. OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from msxm16.dll: The server returned an invalid or unrecognized response .." has occurred in program. CALLBOOK_WEB_ASYNC>QRZ_WEB_SUBSCR, line 49

Usually, if I click on "Yes" up to five times, it will carry on processing.

Hopefully Dennis this will identify whether the problem is with LOGic (I am using 10.0.1) or with QRZ.com.

Christmas Present!:
At the end of December 25 I had 39 contacts for the day to process, less than my usual days.
For the first time EVER, the Tools>Call book batch update proceeded WITHOUT ERRORS at all.
Merry Christmas to everyone, Cliff ZL4AS
Cliff Gray ZL4AS

QRZ info
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2021 8:32:32 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Please try installing the latest LOGic 10.0.2. Do it again even if you have already done it. I did a mid-version fix, not knowing if it would make any difference or not, but it seems to have helped.

The error is coming from the QRZ server. We added a delay between getting the key from QRZ and making the first request. Happening mid-stream like that makes it look like this is not the issue. But maybe the key is expiring and LOGic is requesting another, in which case it should fix the problem.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
ZL4AS
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 4:26:36 AM(UTC)

Hello Dennis
Today I downloaded the latest LOGic version 10.0.2 and ran the Callbook Batch update.
This time there were only 45 QSOs and it ran almost perfectly with only one error message that was slightly different bu still referred to a "" character. After pressing ignore a time or two it continued to the end OK.
I will try it again tomorrow and let you know the result. It is looking good so far, thank you.
Cliff Gray ZL4AS

QRZ info
1 user thanked ZL4AS for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 10/28/2021(UTC)
WN4AZY
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2021 10:11:00 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Ok, please send the exact error message. Try looking that call up again. If the error is repeatable it is probably a problem with LOGic which I can fix. Let me know how to reproduce it.

Tnx/73,

Dennis WN4AZY
ZL4AS
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2022 11:20:51 PM(UTC)

TOOL > CALLBOOK BATCH UPDATE errors

Since January 1st I have been operating more than usual trying to see how long it would take me to reach 100 DXCC’s for 2022. I was pleased to do so in five days. OK, OK, I know plenty of ops get to over 100 in a two day contest but I am not one of those top operators and have never done that in over 40 years!

Each day from Jan 1, just after 00:00 utc I initiated the “Tools>Callbook Batch Update” process and kept a record of the number of errors (always the same one) I encountered to give Dennis an idea of the magnitude of this error problem for me and anyone else who chooses to use what should be a very handy feature.

Day Contacts processed Errors
1 205 10
2 197 11
3 128 8
4 119 8
5 58 0
6 87 3
7 170 8
Each error always took five key clicks to answer “Yes” until it proceeded on, so this exercise made for interventions by me of 240 individual actions. In my book that is not exactly automatic!

The error message is always:

Error 1429 “OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from msxml6.dll:
The server returned an invalid or unrecognzed response..” has occurred in program
CALLBOOK_WEB_ASYNC.QRZ_SUBSCR, line 53
Attempt to continue YES NO.

Pressing NO causes the program to crash.
Pressing YES gives a new messages referring to line 56, then 113, 115, and 116

Dennis previously mentioned the possibility of changes made by QRZ.COM having affected this section of the program.

My system is some years old with an Intel I7 processor and 16 Mb RAM running Windows 10 64 bit, but is not suitable to load Windows 11.
I have the latest version of LOGic 10 installed, and it contains something over 80,000 QSO’s.

I know it is not high priority but help when possible would be greatly appreciated.

Cliff Gray ZL4AS

QRZ info
1 user thanked ZL4AS for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 1/9/2022(UTC)