logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

internet explorer
w7gtf
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 3:21:04 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Dennis,

When I use the Callbooks Form and use QRz.com for Callsign data (I have a paid subscription), Logic automatically goes to Internet Explorer. That browser is now very outdated, and wants me to go to Edge. Is there a way that the default browser in the Callbooks form can be changed to Edge, Firefox or other browser?

Thanks,

Ron/W7GTF
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 8:04:38 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Ron:

If you have the paid XML subscription, no browser is needed. Go to Forms/Callbook. Click on SETUP. Enable QRZ XML SUBSCRIPTION. Disable QRZ.COM. It will prompt for your user and password.

There is a QRZ checkbox on the main Forms/Callbook form. All that does is display QRZ.COM in a browser for each and every lookup you do. This is true regardless of which callbook the actual lookup is done from. For instance, you could have it use the built-in FCC callbook, and it would still display QRZ's info. This feature currently uses only Internet Explorer. We are in the process of implementing Edge Chromium, Chrome, and possibly Firefox. However, it will not be anytime soon.

IE isn't going anywhere. It is still the default browser on WIndows Servers and is still shipped with each and every copy of Windows. It is still needed to install code-signing certificates (an imbedded certificate in programs that show who created the program and prevents unauthorized modifications.

Let me know if any questions.

Tnx for using LOGic.

Dennis WN4AZY