logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

WSJT - LOGic and callbook auto update
K7PDW
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 10:23:16 AM(UTC)
DAVE

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
First, thank you for connecting LOGic to WSJT's log. Great time saver.

I do have a question. Has anyone had problems with missing callbook info when LOGic is reading QSO data from WSJT? I've noticed that LOGic finds the info in one of the enabled callbooks but the data does not get passed to LOGic's log every time. It works about 50% of the time. It seem LOGic quits watching the callbook lookup too soon. Is there a way to throttle that function like I can a callbook batch update? I do use JTAlert along with WSJT. Don't think this would be a factor but don't know that for sure.
This is not a big problem because I just do a callbook batch update at the end of the day. But being lazy, I'd like to have LOGic do it for me on the fly.
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 9:09:52 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

Which callbook(s) are you using?

Tnx & 73,

DH WN4AZY
K7PDW
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 11:15:42 AM(UTC)
DAVE

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I have LOGic's internal callbook enabled as well as QRZ and FCC. I am a subscriber to QRZ which I understand gives me XML access to the database. It seems to happen when the callsign is found in QRZ. QRZ is second on the list right after LOGic's and QRZ is before FCC. Those three are the only one's I have enabled. My internet service typically runs at 20 Mbs download or faster.
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 12:55:29 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
That's good that you are subscribed to QRZ.COM. If you are not using the subscription, LOGic will pop the callbook window on top to preserve QRZ's advertising revenue. That could be be the cause of the problem you are seeing.

Make sure that LOGic is set up to use your QRZ subscription. Merely paying them will not cause LOGic to automatically use XML. You have to set it up accordingly. In LOGic's callbook setup, make sure you are using QRZ SUBSCRIPTION. Disable QRZ.COM. Do not use that.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY