logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

V1.36 Icom Non-Legacy Driver Success
K8ZM
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2018 10:14:11 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Dennis,

After the last 1.36 update a day or two ago and after all your hard work on the RS232/COM library (et al), I just wanted to report that tonight I took a chance and tried a couple non-legacy drivers for my Icom's and they work nicely. You may remember I was using the old legacy drivers for both my IC-746Pro (#25) and my IC-756ProII (#20) as any non-legacy driver would just result in errors. So am happy to report I'm able to use driver #48 (Icom 781 & 7600 and Rigs that have Main/Sub VFO & Filter Control) for the 756ProII and #56 (Icom's with VFO A/B and Filter Control, 746Pro) for the 746Pro.

The 756ProII driver #48 functions perfectly. The 746Pro driver #56 has one anomaly with the radio buttons not showing as "depressed" when initiating any change in VFO A or B or Split from the radio. They function fine when initiated from the rig control window. All the other buttons for Mode and Filter work fine.

I have this same anomaly with my IC-735 driver #47 that also doesn't show the radio buttons for VFO A or B or Split as depressed when initiated from the radio.

More important though is that I am able to use these driver without any errors...very nice to not have to use the old legacy drivers anymore!!

(Note: All interfaces are FTDI.)

Thanks !!

73 de Brad, N8GLS
1 user thanked K8ZM for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 7/29/2018(UTC)
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2018 7:50:13 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Thanks for the testing and update.

Quote:
The 756ProII driver #48 functions perfectly. The 746Pro driver #56 has one anomaly with the radio buttons not showing as "depressed" when initiating any change in VFO A or B or Split from the radio. They function fine when initiated from the rig control window. All the other buttons for Mode and Filter work fine.

I have this same anomaly with my IC-735 driver #47 that also doesn't show the radio buttons for VFO A or B or Split as depressed when initiated from the radio.
I know that with the 735, this is a limitation of the radio. You can CONTROL VFO A/B, but cannot read. The 735 cannot set or read split. What you have to do is press the split button in LOGic AND on the rig. LOGic will now set the 735 to a split-frequency spot. To go back to simplex, turn split off in LOGic and the radio.

The 756 may have similar limitations. It is better than the 735 in that LOGic can control split. If you change split with the radio's button, LOGic has no way to know this. The solution is to control split only from LOGic. Very few Icom rigs allow READING split. The 7800 was the first, and some rigs since. The 7610 for example.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
K8ZM on 7/30/2018(UTC)