logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

VUCC (Grids) spots not showing as needed
K8ZM
#1 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 6:00:23 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

Hope you and the family are well !!

Was working some in the VHF contest this weekend and noticed that no grids spotted were showing as being needed for VUCC when probably 30% or more actually were un-worked. Even the sub-award field is blank. Haven't been all that active the last couple months but this used to work. I checked the usual settings (bands, modes, etc., etc.) and all are correct, i.e. I'm displaying everything on 6m and 2m, all modes. Snippet is from a few minutes ago, showing no highlighted 6m spots whatsoever even though 15% or so are needed.

73 de Brad, N8GLS

File Attachment(s):
SpotLog-NoVUCCSpots.JPG (230kb) downloaded 20 time(s).
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 10:23:27 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Brad:

Thanks. We're hanging in there.

Go to tools/setup/log fields. Locate GRID. Go to the AWARDS TRACKING AND SPOTTING tab. Make sure TRACK AWARD FOR THIS FIELD and SPOT is checkmarked. For contesting, you would want SPOT MULTIPLIER too.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K8ZM
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 6:27:11 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Dennis,

Thanks, had previously checked that and all was correct. Snippet attached just to be sure i'm not missing something.
I wish I could remember when this stopped working.....dont think its been more than a few months.

Brad
File Attachment(s):
LogField Settings.JPG (153kb) downloaded 20 time(s).
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 10:25:59 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Looks good to me. Check the band table too.

Otherwise call me and I can log in and look:
http://www.hosenose.com/remote_support.aspx
I double-checked and mine is working BTW.

DH
K8ZM
#5 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 6:55:21 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Sorry for delayed response.....working on retirement....thought this was supposed to be "easy"...hi hi

Anyways, Band table was good. I'll give a call sometime this week.

Thanks as always !!

Brad
K8ZM
#6 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 2:07:18 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Hi Dennis,

Ok, got a little more info on this. Yesterday had a couple spots on 2m that actually showed correctly as needed for both grid and VUCC. That hasn't happened in quite awhile so it gave me something to investigate a little more.

The attached snapshot shows R3PA spotted on 2m and LOGic highlighted correctly the awards/subawards that grid is needed for. But then if you look further down the log at FG8OJ spotted on 6m in a grid that I need, its not highlighted as needed at all.

I opened up another Progress List for GRID and set one for just the generic GRID (bottom left in snapshot), the other for subaward VUCC (bottom right) so I could show that both were needed.

In doing that it caught my eye that the 2m spot for grid KO93 indicated as "KO93 not found" in the Progress List as it should since that grid was never worked/confirmed before, but, in the case of the 6m spot for grid FK96 its a little different as that grid while NOT worked or confirmed on 6m it was confirmed on three other bands. I checked a few other spots and it seems that if the spot was for a grid confirmed on any other band it doesn't display as needed for 2m or 6m. I think this may be a clue as to what's going on.

I'll keep looking at the spot log today and see if the pattern is consistant.

73 de Brad
File Attachment(s):
SpotLog-NoVUCCSpots1.JPG (441kb) downloaded 17 time(s).
K8ZM
#7 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 2:35:10 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

well, scratch my last thought. I just had a 6m spot for a grid that wasn't worked before that didnt indicate as needed (snapshot attached)....thought I was on to something.

I wasn't spotting for CW qso's and turned that on, now those spots are indicating correctly as needed....so is it only Phone contacts on 2m & 6m that aren't being picked up ?? On 2m DATA spots are being processed. I checked for the 4th time the mode settings and all look fine.

73 de Brad
File Attachment(s):
SpotLog-NoVUCCSpots2.JPG (291kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
WN4AZY
#8 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 4:39:55 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Check the band table to make sure 1234 is filled in for the GRID field. Note that there are CW and Phone segments for each band.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K8ZM
#9 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 4:53:02 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Yup, checked that more than once over the last few weeks....all is 1234.
Stumped that the CW mode and Data mode are being recognized but anything phone seems to be ignored. I checked to be sure I didnt have some weird filter setting but nothing I can find. I do appreciate the "obvious" thing to check....got any more ?? (hihi)

de Brad
K8ZM
#10 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 5:46:26 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Problem SOLVED (I think)

Went back to the Mode Table and unchecked LSB, SSB, USB. Waited for the spot log to capture a dozen or so new spots then shut down LOGic, did a clean, re-launched and got back into the Mode Table, re-selected LSB, SSB, USB. Like "MAGIC" 6m spots are working. The only thing else I did was change the default mode for the freq range 50.1 to 54 MHz from blank to USB. I left 2m as it has always been, blank for the default mode for the phone portion. We'll see if any 2m spots get recognized, but if 6m is any indication it seems to be fine now.

No logical reason other than luck.

73 de Brad