logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Issue with "Callbook to log"
N7IP
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 12:37:12 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Not a burning issue, but you might want to fix this. After clicking "callbook to log", if I move the cursor from the current log entry to another before the callbook info is updated, Logic enters the callbook info in the entry for the contact where the cursor is, rather than the contact that was under the cursor when I clicked on "callbook to log". This is easy to do because Logic seems to be slow in updating an entry from the callbook.

Bob, N7IP
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:26:51 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

Thanks for the info. LOGic reads web callbooks asynchronously -- in other words, you can go ahead and use LOGic while it is doing the web lookup instead of you having to wait for it. Which callbook are you using?

I'll look at the code and see if we can't update the record that was visible when the request was made, rather then the current one.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
N7IP
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 5:41:40 PM(UTC)

Using QRZ. The result of this problem is that the contact info gets put into the wrong entry in the log, so I need to watch each entry to be sure it is correct rather than just zipping along filling in info for contacts imported.

Bob
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2018 3:32:17 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Ok, the QRZ.COM web interface is problematic (The QRZ Subscription XML interface works great). They don't really want anyone scraping that data. Try tools/callbook batch update. Not sure how well it works with QRZ.COM, but at least you won't have to do every QSO manually.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
N7IP
#5 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2018 4:36:05 PM(UTC)

Yes, I use the XML interface to QRZ. The issue I'm bringing up is within Logic--that Logic updates the wrong record if I move the cursor before the look-up is completed. Logic should remember which record in the log was highlighted when the "callbook to log" button was pressed.

Bob
1 user thanked N7IP for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 5/23/2018(UTC)
N7IP
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 3:09:51 PM(UTC)

Dennis, just a reminder that this continues to be a problem. User is forced to remember to wait after updating a record from a callbook. If you move on, the downloaded info goes into the wrong QSO entry. Even tho I'm aware of the problem I find myself still having to go back and correct entries that were put against the wrong call.

Bob