logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9.1.4 - Info, Callbook and DX Summiit windows don't restore up
K8ZM
#1 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 8:21:25 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
I have three windows "stuck" minimized.

DX Summit window: When minimized, can't be restored back up. Clicking on DX Summit under the Forms menu does nothing. Also the minimized title bar can't be moved....its "stuck" both minimized and in screen location.

Info window: When minimized, can't be restored back up. Clicking on Info under the Forms menu does nothing. Also stuck minimized and in screen location.

Callbook window: When minimized, can't be restored back up. Clicking on Callbook under the Forms menu does restore it back up. When minimized, its also stuck in screen location.

I know a couple other posts were made on the Callbook window not restoring but they were related to 9.1.3 which worked fine for me.

Re-installed 9.1.4 with same results. Tried all the other windows and all minimize and restore as they should. No Windows 10 beeps or other notifications occurred. I tried closing most all the other "working" windows including the rig controls with same results. Also did the normal stuff, Clean, re-boot, PC re-boot. In each of the minimized title bars, the Minimize/Restore-Up radio button is active (not greyed out), the Maximize radio buttons are greyed out (they should be), and the Close (X) radio buttons are active.

Help......

de Brad, N8GLS

Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
K8ZM
#2 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 9:21:56 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

So.....partial recovery....

I did a right click on the title bar for the info form and set it to open in the windows desktop. Closed and re-launched LOGic, then did the same thing again to return it to Logic's desktop. That at least got me out of the minimized condition.

Tired to right click on the DX Summit window, but, I suddenly got a LOGic pop-up saying the application was busy and to close it or wait for it to finish....I closed it but the pop-up alert wouldn't stop re-appearing and ended up in a do-loop with no way to stop it except for the dreaded Cntl-Alt-Del.....

Did that again, it did it again, and again. Gave up and moved on to the Callbook window. That window can at least be restored-up by selecting it from the Forms menu or the Windows menu.

So I have at least restored my Info window. Neither of these three windows can be restored-up via their minimized title bars. In order to restore-up any of them, it seems the best way is to go through the Windows menu and clicking on the one to restore.

73 de Brad, N8GLS
WN4AZY
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 9:23:04 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

Sorry, I overlooked this.

Not sure what is going on, but you can easily reset the form positioning by deleting form.ini which is located in the LOGic install folder.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K8ZM
#4 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2016 9:47:44 AM(UTC)
bwilliams

9.1.7 fixed the window restore issues with the Callbook and Info windows.

Thanks for the fix Dennis !!

DX Summit is the only un-restorable window. The title bar is different than all the others as well (to your comment on the half-height bars in Win10).

73, de Brad

Happy New Year!
1 user thanked K8ZM for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 12/30/2016(UTC)
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2016 10:18:45 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Oops, missed one. Sorry. Until I fix it, use the Window menu.

Dennis WN4AZY
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
K8ZM on 1/9/2017(UTC)