logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Version 9.1.3 Problem
K6JJ
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 3:42:33 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

I am having a problem with the latest update, version 9.1.3. Instead of connecting the Logic Telnet form directly to a DX spotting cluster, I connect Logic Telnet to the program: CC User. It is the CC User program that connects to the cluster.

To connect Logic Telnet to CC User, I use the URL: 127.0.0.1 :7300. Both programs are the same Windows 10 computer. When I enter this URL into Logic Telnet, with Logic version 9.1.3 installed, I get a message that the URL was not found. The CC User developer provides this information: “If the logging program is running in the same machine, use the local telnet loopback port (127.0.0.1 :7300)”.

I reinstalled the previous Logic version, 9.1.2. That version works well with the above URL.

John
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
K1VC
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 5:06:16 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 58 post(s)
I'm having many issues with 9.1.3. My telnet issues are causing me to force shut down LOGic which causes a 'clean index' every time I open LOGic. I can't connect to any nodes and LOGic freezes up a lot now.

I had to go back to 9.1.2 Sad

Vin, 73
K1VC
wa4pgm
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 6:31:25 PM(UTC)
kchavis

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 191 post(s)
I am having issues as well with Telnet. When it connects no issues but when it doesn't I get numerous error messages.
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:42:25 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 485 time(s) in 400 post(s)
Hi Kyle:

Do you get any error messages when it fails to connect to 127.0.0.1:7300? If it just won't connect, look into firewall issues -- LOGic may be being blocked.

Try losing the space between : and 7300, although it shouldn't matter.

Vin, are you getting any error messages?

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K1VC
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 8:28:46 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

I posted my telnet issues here:

http://www.hosenose.com/..._postst1921_Telnet.aspx

Thanks,
Vin
1 user thanked K1VC for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 9/29/2016(UTC)
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 10:32:52 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

http://www.hosenose.com/...47_Telnet.aspx#post6247

Kyle, pse try this update too. I don't think it will resolve your problem, but to keep on the same page....

A shot in the dark, try localhost:7300

What would be involved with me setting VE7CC up here so I can test it?

Tnx & 73,

DH
K6JJ
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 2:41:47 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

Amazing, eliminating the space and making it 127.0.0.1:7300 fixed the problem. I can now log into CC User.

I reverted back to version 9.1.2 to test this. With this version installed, it does not make a difference whether there is a space: 27.0.0.1 :7300 or no space: 127.0.0.1:7300.

I tried a number of things before I wrote to you. I never played around with the spacing!

If you would like to try CC User, it is found here:

http://www.bcdxc.org/ve7cc/

You have to scroll down about 2/3 to find the installation instructions. It is a free program. In part, I can define each band as a different color. Thus, each spot row is shown in a different color for different bands. It works well with LoGIC.

Thanks for your help.

John
N7IP
#8 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 11:23:41 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Very nice to have a faster telnet. But I do find several stability issues with the 9.1.3 release using WIN7. Here are three.

1. when awakening from sleep, error msg code 0 a device attached to the system is not functioning. hit "ignore" to clear the msg, telnet does not resume feeding spots to the log and then after a couple minutes Logic crashes.

2. I have seen the message "allowed DO nesting or expression evaluation level exceeded" at random times on startup and other times too. Not sure circumstances that bring this about. Hitting "ignore" 6 times makes it go away.

3. Logic crashes occasionally, usually when I am not performing a function with it. I haven't been able to see any pattern in what causes it.

Bob, N7IP
WN4AZY
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 2, 2016 3:38:53 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Thanks, but the main reason we replaced Telnet was stability problems under Win 10 here lately.

1. I tried sleep and waking it up, and no problem. Maybe I need to let it sleep longer or something. It could be that a data flood on waking causes it to fail. I will experiment further. I don't use sleep, but do use hibernate. I haven't had a problem with that either -- I have probably hibernated with LOGic/Telnet going, but not positive. I will test that too.

2. Haven't seen this. Hopefully it is tied into 1.

3. The Windows event viewer may give more info. I am preparing a video on how to do this and will post it Mon or Tues.

Tnx & 73,

DH WN4AZY
WN4AZY
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2016 10:09:03 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Ok, I fixed Telnet so that it automatically disconnects on hibernate/sleep, and auto reconnects on wake.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

PS here is the event viewer video, although it is no longer needed for this issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwluv1NmWLw
N7IP
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2016 2:48:09 PM(UTC)

Dennis, V14 has the same problem--OLE code 0 "a device attached to the system is not functioning." Hit ignore and telnet is disconnected.

I am also getting random crashes. Here are the files from one, as stored by WIN7.

Bob, N7IP
File Attachment(s):
WER83E5.tmp.appcompat.txt (113kb) downloaded 22 time(s).
WN4AZY
#12 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 8:12:57 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Bob:

I'm starting to wonder if it is really telnet. Can you see it attempt to log in again when you awake? If telnet is in a disconnected state when you sleep and wake, does the error go away?

Do you believe the random crash is related to telnet or sleep/wake? What error occurred in LOGic that produced the dump you sent>

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
N7IP
#13 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 1:03:59 PM(UTC)

The random crashes are not related to sleep/awake. They have been random.

In the case of the telnet-related crashes, Telnet was running when the PC went to sleep. It was disconnected when logic woke up. Then, after starting telnet, it crashes.

Today, after several days of the experience above, Logic starts fine if telnet is disconnected. But withing 10-20 seconds of starting telnet, Logic crashes. In other words, I can't use Logic now. Here is the dump from one of those crashes.

Bob, N7IP
File Attachment(s):
WER34E3.tmp.appcompat.txt (113kb) downloaded 13 time(s).
N7IP
#14 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 2:01:14 PM(UTC)

In an attempt to get Logic to stop crashing whenever telnet is started, I re-installed Logic from the Sept install file and updated it to 9.1.4. Now I have the same problem--Logic crashes when I start telnet.

Bob