logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

ADIF import from N1MM+
WB4YDL
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2016 2:13:14 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Dennis:

I haven't been active in contesting for awhile, but I've noticed that when I try to import an ADIF file from N1MM+ that it takes a LOoooong time to get it done - way longer than it used to say a year ago. It used to take seconds to do the import and now ? Well, you better go get a cup of coffee because you'll be staring at progress dots for quite some time - we're talking the better part of an hour !

I can almost type the contest QSO's in by hand faster than this formatting is taking.

What gives ? Running latest update 83.

73, Jamie
WB4YDL
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, February 29, 2016 9:42:11 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Jamie--

Sorry, I don't know what is going on. Nothing has really changed on the ADIF import in years.

Please post your ADIF file here and I will try it.

What version of LOGic do you have? (Help/About).

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
wa4pgm
#3 Posted : Monday, February 29, 2016 2:21:50 PM(UTC)
kchavis

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 191 post(s)
I run .083 and imported ARRL DX CW contest and didn't see any problems like this. Sounds like its trying to import a huge log file are you sure its a N1MM+ log file? Whats the size of the file?
Just a thought, GL....Kyle
N5XZ
#4 Posted : Monday, February 29, 2016 2:42:24 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I've had no problems importing N1MM+ adi files into LOGic. The only thing I have to do sometimes is to change a field name here or there where N1MM+ doesn't follow the same convention as LOGic.
73, Allen N5XZ
WB4YDL
#5 Posted : Monday, February 29, 2016 6:42:13 PM(UTC)

Well, I did have a good score in the CQ WPX RTTY a couple weeks ago.Laugh The computer is Win10 built a couple years ago. It has a SSD for the OS and the ham related files are on a HDD. Running LOGic9 with latest upgrade. I thought the over-write of the whole program might fix whatever it is slowing this down. You can literally watch the two and a half rows of very small dots appear on the progress screen - maddening !Drool

OK, let's see if I can attach a file to this post. This one will be the most recent NAQP RTTY this past weekend. It is 254 kb and 544 QSO's.

73, Jamie
WB4YDL
File Attachment(s):
WB4YDL.adi (254kb) downloaded 25 time(s).
wa4pgm
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2016 1:26:03 PM(UTC)
kchavis

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 191 post(s)
From what I can tell your .adi file looks good at least it's similar to one of mine.

When did you start to see this behavior? Same setup? OS? Drives?
WB4YDL
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2016 1:46:21 PM(UTC)

I haven't been contesting much so I would say it's been going on just this year. I didn't do any contesting last year at all. The computer is fairly new - couple years old - and now has Windows 10 (installed as upgrade from Win7). Everything works like a champ. I use a SSD for the OS and an HDD for applications such as LOGic9.

The only things I've run into is the necessity to run as Administrator to get things to work. So I have the shortcut properties box checked to do this with LOGic9 as well as Bandmaster, OmniRig, and N1MM+, etc. That's the only changes I can think of.

Waiting to hear from Dennis on this, too.

73, Jamie
WB4YDL
WB4YDL
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2016 9:32:05 PM(UTC)

One thing I checked was how I had older programs set up in Win10. I discovered I had LOGic and Bandmaster ( and probably OmniRig) set to Windows 7 Compatibility Mode. I've reset that now back to default. Also there are two places to set the program to run as administrator - under the Compatibility tab, and when you first open the properties page (right click the icon) and choose the Advanced ... button.

In the back of my mind, these compatibility settings may disrupt the priority of things.

Dennis, comments ?

73, Jamie
WB4YDL