logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
LOGic 9 and Microham Digikeyer II
vk4iu
#21 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2016 6:07:29 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day,

... excuse me for butting it.

Have you considered that there are TWO drivers in the MicroHam Router software for the K3? The MicroHam "virtual serial port" is not just a simple cable through to the radio.

After initial problems similar to what is described here, for several years I have used the "K3 (Patched 2)" driver in Router, using a MicroHam MK2R+ and also use OmniRig. In tandem with TRX Manager on the primary radio, I use OmniRig on the second radio, both direct via 2ndCAT, and remotely via RemoteRig RRC-1258 MKII network boxes connected to a LAN.
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
K1VC
#22 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 9:06:12 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 58 post(s)
I've given up. OminiRig caused more errors: comm port errors (comm port is already in use), rig is not responding errors. When I eventually had everything running and a station would pop up in my Spot Log window, when I hit "Set Rig" in my spot log, radio was either very slow to move to that freq or it didn't go.

I would watch the messages on the right side of client.exe scroll down...rig not responding...parameters changed...status: online. Then rig not responding, parameters changed, status: online...over and over again.

Here's the sequence: start my PC > start client.exe > OmniRig settings would have all the correct settings

Then: open LOGic....and all the error messages would start, one error message after another after another to either "Ignore" or "Cancel". It was a chore to open LOGic so I uninstalled OmniRig and Client.exe and will have to live with numerous timeouts error messages.

Vin, 73
K1VC
vk4iu
#23 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 8:11:38 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day Vin,

Don't give up - one more try. You have not said what Windows OS you are using.

I ran a few tests with my Win 10 systems, and got what seems like some of the errors you are experiencing.

But first, you need to make sure you have a clean sheet. OmniRig is a "software server" - one can easily end up with multiple copies running. And also, Client.exe, one can strike a few errors and finish up running several copies which may or may not be holding the com port, preventing Logic from working correctly.

If we add "Run As Administrator" into the mix, all sorts of issues may arise.

Make use of Task Manager to remove client.exe, amd OmniRig between tests, or reboot the PC. Always start with a clean sheet.

You should be running LOGic "AS Administrator".

If I run CLIENT.EXE "As Administrator", and I run LOGIc "As Administrator", client.exe shows the status updates occurring as I wind either VFO, LOGic moves the rig with the Spot log etc, etc. All works as I expect.

But, if I run CLIENT.EXE as a normal user, LOGic errors, I get multiple copies of client.exe running - errors all over the place. Clearly everyone is fighting over control of my COM ports.

Your sequence should be ....

Reboot the PC (or clean out old copies of client.exe, OmniRig with Task Manager)
Wait for MicroHam Router to be setup and functional
Verify you are running the correct K3 driver in the MicroHam Router.
Rotate VFO A and verify status change by looking at the PORT dialogue in Microham Router
Run CLIENT.EXE "AS Administrator"
... verify status change in OmniRig by rotating VFO A or B.
Run LOGic "As Administrator"

Good luck.

Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
K1VC
#24 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 8:44:12 PM(UTC)

Hi Peter,

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1. I run LOGic as administrator. The com port competition was very upsetting since I have so many virtual com ports as described in the microham router manual.

I will try the sequence you provided and will keep my fingers crossed.

I appreciate your time and help.

Vin, 73
K1VC

By The way...I'm using a Yaesu FT-1000D, not a K3. BigGrin

UPDATE:

Peter,
I followed your sequence. As soon as I opened LOGic, I got a com port message "com port is already in use", when I hit OK, I got the next LOGic error message "Error 1429 OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from MSComm: Operation valid only when the port is open.." has occurred in program FT1000.COMM.SEND_BINARY, line 19. Attempt to Continue? After hitting "Continue" a half dozen times, LOGic finally opened but no rig control.

Oh well, it was worth a try.
K1VC
#25 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 6:42:08 PM(UTC)

Need help !!!!

A couple of months ago, I helped someone on the forum with their Microham DKII setup. I sent you all of my settings as jpeg.

If you read this email and still have my emails, can you forward those pics back to me?

My drive that had those pics/settings crashed and I lost all my settings in my microham DKII Sad

I don't have your email Sad

Thank you,
Vin, 73
K1VC