logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

What database program can directly edit LOG.DBF
k5ua
#1 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2015 3:10:20 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I would like to do mass conditional replacements on the prefix field and QTH field in LOG.DBF. I have a lot of experience programming in FoxPro 2.5, but I get an error message when attempting to open LOG.DBF with FoxPro 2.5. Can anyone tell me what program will directly edit LOG.DBF.

Is it Dbase, FoxPro for Windows, Clipper...???

I know mass changes are feasible under database management, but I want full control of the replacement process.

Thanks,

Charles K5UA
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2015 6:30:19 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
It's FoxPro, but version 9. You probably don't need Version 9 to open version 9 files, but it has to be something fairly recent.

Just use tools/advanced/database commands. There are even menu options to walk you thru setting up commands form mass replaces. Read the first item under the Appendix book in Help.

If you want to do more than simple REPLACE or UPDATE commands -- in other words, need to write a .prg, that can be run from within LOGic too. Look at the first item under the Appendix book in Help. You can also write your own Misc Utilities. Look at the samples we did in the UTIL folder inside LOGic.

If you are more comfortable with .Net, there is a Entity Framework driver at CodePlex. There is also an ADO.NET dirver (which the EF driver wraps).

Let me know if any ???s.

DH