logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Can't figure out how to print QSL label with multiple QSO's
w2gn
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 20, 2014 6:38:16 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I need to send a paper QSL card to a station that sent one to me listing 4 different QSO's. I tried to print a QSL label listing these QSO's for several hours using LOGic9 help, the manual, and searching this Forum. No luck at all. I am not a programmer and need detailed instructions.

I have Avery #8163 labels (2 columns, 5 rows of 2' x 4" labels).

Many thanks. CLS W2GN
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
W7OO
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 21, 2014 4:16:20 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi,

You need to select a report that shows 4 QSOs per label. To do that follow these steps:

Reports
QSLing
QSL Labels

Then select the report that your labels will fit. In my case I use "Multiple Labels 4 QSOs per label 3 Across".

Good Luck,

Bill
w2gn
#3 Posted : Monday, December 22, 2014 11:58:50 AM(UTC)

Bill, Thanks for the reply. I tried the report you suggested and then every report in the list. When I print the report to screen, it always is not what I want.

I received a QSL card from a DL7xx with 4 QSO's confirmed. I actually have 8 QSO's in my log with him. I want to print a label to stick on the back of my photo QSL card that confirms at least 4 of these QSO's. Every report I try to print shows one QSO per label and then the other labels show QSO's with other call signs.

I spent a little while trying to write a custom report but was totally unsuccessful.

73, Charlie W2GN

W7OO
#4 Posted : Monday, December 22, 2014 1:47:17 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Charlie,

To get a QSO to print on a label it must be marked with an "R" under the QSL line on your log. You can have as many QSOs marked with an "R" as you choose. LOGic will find all of the QSOs marked with an "R" on the QSL line for one call and combine them on one label. If the number of marked QSOs exceeds the number of QSOs the label is designed for LOGic simply prints a second label with the QSOs that did not fit on the first label. I suspect that with all of your testing that you have answered "Y" when asked if you want to mark QSOs as QSL Sent. You can edit an individual QSO to re-add the "R" if needed.

Once you have a bunch of QSOs logged and marked with an "R" when you ask to print a label it will print all QSOs marked with an "R" as well. There is a way around this but I need to be in my shack to give it to you. Let me know if this is the problem or look for an old thread where I was asking how to print just one QSL label when many were marked with an "R".

As far as writing a custom report to handle this goes I can not help you. I also have wanted to have a custom label and tried to modify a report. It turns out that anything more than a simple move is beyond my capabilities.

Before you spend time working on a custom label/report take a very close look at what LOGic has to offer. When I have been in a situation like yours normally I end up finding there is a way to do what I want to accomplish already in LOGic.

There are others here on the forum that are way more knowledgeable than I am. Hopefully one of them will add to this thread.

Bill
W7OO