logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Error message attempting to interface Logic 9 and TRX manager
w7gtf
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2014 9:47:38 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
In Logic9 after getting TRX manager running and communicating with my ICOM 7700, I received an error message when going to Tools/Setup/Misc ham setup,..., "OLEIDISpatch exception code O from mscorlib:.........." and then closed the Logic9 program. In TRX manager, I don't find where you can make sure OLE is ON as described in LOgic help concerning interfacing with TRX. What am I missing?

Thanks, Ron/W7GTF
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
vk4iu
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2014 11:03:06 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day Ron,

These messages are from your Windows system - not LOGic. Before LOGic opens the Misc Ham Setup, for your convenience, LOGic tries to list all the serial devices on your system. LOGic can then give you a list of serial devices from which you can choose the one connected to your radio.

Unfortunately, Windows (you don't say which one you are using) has some problems "enumerating" the mixture of serial devices on your system - resulting in the MSCORLIB message you are seeing, LOGic is simply relaying the Windows system error.

I write from bitter experience chasing this problem on my Windows 7 system and LOGic 9 for many weeks, with the problem returning time and time again. Search the forum for MSCORLIB.

To verify you have the problem I think you have, try using Tools, Advanced, Serial Port Status. You should see the same errors. A reply to the forum with more technical detail would be helpful - including the full text of the error - there are dozens of potential errors from the Windows MSCORLIB module.

To fix the problem you will need to clean out your USB and/or serial devices from the Windows Registry. Search the forum for "hidden devices" and/or "mscorlib" and you should find material on how to go about doing that.

Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
w7gtf
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2014 1:03:45 AM(UTC)

Man

Hi Peter,

I'll get back to you with more info.

73's Ron
w7gtf
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2014 2:18:40 PM(UTC)

Man

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have an HP computer, Windows 7 Home Premium with Security Pack 1. Intel core i5-2450M cpu at 2.50GHZ. 64 bit processor.

I use Logic 9 with all the updates.

After your response, I made sure Windows was updated with all the current fixes. Then into Logic Tools/Advanced to check the status of ports and there was no error message: only telling me that COM3 - unavailable - semaphore timeout period has expired. No blocks were checked. COM5 - Unavailable: Access to port COM5 is denied (already open). No blocks were checked. I shut down both programs, then reopened TRX Manager and then Logic and clicked on Tools/Setup/Misc and it came right up and I put in TRX Manager.

Wahoo it works just fine now. Logic is connected to TRX-Manager as it should.

Thankfully I don't have to worry about MSCORLIB.

Good help, Peter, thank you. 73's Ron