logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Trouble with LOGic 9 update
k5oi
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:18:57 PM(UTC)
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Posts: 2
Location: New Mexico

I'm having trouble with the latest update. It's crashing LOGic9. In probably too much detail ...When I run the program I get

'OLE error code 0x800a139b: unknown COM status code'

{after pressing IGNORE 47 times I get

'Program error'

{a single ignore get past this and then}

'GLOBAL is not an object}

{2 ignores gets}

'GLOBAL is not an object'

(
{another 2 ignores and then... the program shuts down}

I get identical results if I reinstall and try again to launch LOGic9 or if I just relaunch again.

Any ideas of what's wrong and how do I get my LOGic9 back? Thanks for whatever help I can get.



Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
k5oi
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:24:49 PM(UTC)
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Posts: 2
Location: New Mexico

I left out one line from my problem sheet. In between the two 'GLOBAL...' lines the following appeared.

'Unknown member CALLBOOK_DRIVE R_DEF'

It took 3 ignores to get past that one.
vk4iu
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:38:01 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Posts: 404
Man
Location: Coolabunia QLD

Thanks: 6 times
Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day,

... given the error messages, I would be checking the Callbook configuraton.

You don't say what you were doing when Logic crashed.

Did Logic error immediately your loaded it?
Did Logic Logic error when you did xxx?

From what version did you upgrade?

Disable the Callbooks. And selectively enable them one at a time.

Move to the bottom those callbooks you do not use.

Peter VK4IU
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
1 user thanked vk4iu for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 11/8/2013(UTC)
VE7GEL
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 7, 2013 7:25:11 PM(UTC)
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Posts: 6
Location: Saanichton,BC, Canada

Hi Dennis,
I'm experiencing the same issues as k50i with the OLE error. If I only install the original download file (Build 8266), everything is fine. Update 56 and higher create the same problem. Tried it on Windows 7 and 8.1 with the same result. I've tried all the tricks with cleaning .net, disabling UAC and nothing works.

Kind of frustrating that I can do any updates. Any ideas at all?

THanks,
Gord
WN4AZY
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2013 10:11:16 AM(UTC)
admin

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Posts: 2,244
Man
Location: Auburn, GA

Thanks: 429 times
Was thanked: 302 time(s) in 240 post(s)
Hi Gord:

We found the cause for this -- somehow LOGic is still using an old-format prefix table.

Go into your install directory, (c:\program files (x86)\logic or c:\program files\logic) and search for prefix.* and pfxndx.*. Delete them. There may be more than one. In one case the problem was caused because the customer copied prefix.dbf into the install folder -- it is supposed to be in DATA -- and therefore it didn't get updated.

Now, check your email. I will be sending you a new install. Install that on top of your current install.

If per chance that doesn't work, lets get together by phone and I can log in. So far we've had about 4 cases of this and batting 100% AFAIK.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
VE7GEL
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2013 2:53:11 PM(UTC)
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Posts: 6
Location: Saanichton,BC, Canada

Thanks Dennis. I store my Logdata and data folders on a NAS, so the first attempt didn't work. I then deleted the prefix files you suggested, but from the data folder on the nas, reinstalled Logic using the file you supplied, then copied the prefix files from the install folder to the nas, started Logic and re-indexed, and all is now good.

Thanks for the help!
Gord
WN4AZY
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2013 1:44:55 PM(UTC)
admin

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Posts: 2,244
Man
Location: Auburn, GA

Thanks: 429 times
Was thanked: 302 time(s) in 240 post(s)
I added some code to the install program to delete extraneous copies of prefix.dbf that may accidentally get put into logdata or the install folder. If you delete data\prefix.dbf, the install program will install a new table of the correct structure rather than relying on LOGic to update the structure of the old one.

http://hosenose.com/Foru...and-fixes.aspx#post3442

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 1.9.5.5 | YAF © 2003-2011, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.067 seconds.