logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Awards reports have no page break
K8AO
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2020 4:34:52 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Have printed out several awards reports which are all missing a page break at the bottom of the printed page. The output keeps printing out the bottom of the pager. Any ideas how to fix this? I'm using version 9.1.43.
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2020 10:47:19 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

Is there a page header on each page and is the bottom of the content too low to fit on the page? Is the top margin too high?

I suspect it is a printer driver issue specific to your machine. In windows 10 there is a printer driver to print to PDF. Print your report in LOGic, checkmark DISPLAY PRINT DIALOG, and print to PDF. If that works then we have verified the problem is with your printer. If it doesn't work, then attach it to a post so I can see exactly what is going on.

I attached a PDF of the Awards report for your interest.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
File Attachment(s):
awards.pdf (429kb) downloaded 41 time(s).
K8AO
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2020 2:00:15 PM(UTC)

The Display print Dialog is grayed out so does not function. When I select the print the report icon it goes direct to the printer. I do not have the option to select a pdf printer at that point. I am not sure how to post a copy of the report I see on screen.
K8AO
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2020 2:17:53 PM(UTC)

No, there is not a page header on each page.
Yes, the bottom of the content is too low to fit on the page.
No, the top margin not too high.
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 8:07:38 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Duane:

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you and your email followup. I apologize.

Display Print Dialog is grayed out only if Output To SCREEN is selected. Click on Output To PRINTER, then it will let you checkmark Display Print Dialog.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K8AO
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2020 1:16:09 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the explanation. If after I create a report and then output to screen there is no page break. The last line of the output is split half on the screen page and half off. However, if I output to printer and open the display print dialog the report prints properly whether to pdf or to the printer direct. Strange. I can live with that. It's just an additional step I never needed before. Only thing different from years worth of printing reports is that I'm now on a Windows 10 machine. Doesn't seem that should matter. As long as I can print out the reports I'm happy. Thanks for the help.
73 Duane K8AO
WN4AZY
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 12:42:00 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

For anyone else having the same problem...

When doing a page preview, the text was simply too big to fit on the page. It ran off the right and off the bottom of the page.

The solution is to right-click the desktop, select Display Settings. Under "Change size of text, apps, and other items", choose the Recommended setting.

Alternatively, you may print to screen by telling LOGic to print to printer, checkmark DISPLAY PRINT DIALOG, then Print to PDF.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY