logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Field Day logform multiplier
K8ZM
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 4:41:23 AM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Trying to add a multiplier for Field Day in the "field day class d.logform" and keep getting the program error "Cannot call SetFocus from within a When, Valid, RangeHigh or RangeLow event".
I'm in the Log form setup screen under Contest setup in the Multiplier tab. For Field I have PWR, for the Expression I have PWR>0 AND PWR<150, the value (or multiplier) will be 2, i.e., the overall multiplier is 2 for all QSO's made with a power level of 150 watts or less. There are other conditional multipliers but once I get this one to work the others will be easy.

Working the FD contest and the scoring isn't right and saw there are no multipliers set up. I could cheat the fix and just change the QSO point scoring but it really is a multiplier. I know I'm missing the obvious....

Thanks for any help,

Brad, N8GLS
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2019 1:49:08 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

Sorry for the problem. I couldn't reproduce that error. But no matter, as you describe it, this is a a QSO Points problem, not a multiplier problem.

but this seems to be saying that ALL QSOs must be made with 150 watts or less:

http://www.arrl.org/file...%2023%20June%202019.pdf

Section 7.2

Let me study it and I'll post more later today. Just wanted let you know I read your post.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZ
K8ZM
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2019 3:14:55 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Hi Dennis,

So I read the scoring as QSO points times Multipliers.

QSO points are Phone =1, CW and Digital =2. The logform scores this fine
Multipliers are based on power level and source, basically, 5 watts or less no commercial power = multiplier of 5, 5 watts or less and commercial power, or 150 watts or less commercial power multiplier = 2, greater than 150 watts multiplier = 1.

While logging I just changed the qso point scoring to be 2 pts per qso as I'm 100 watts commercial. But to be accurate (maybe anal) the QSO points would be separate from the multiplier value, i.e., 4 phone QSO's running 150 watts would show in the scoring window as QSO count 4, QSO points = 4, Multiplier = 2, total score 8. Maybe to hard to code as it would need a prompt to select source of power in order to determine the multiplier, otherwise I guess it would just look at PWR and do the math accordingly.

But, forget all that (hi hi). Its the expression I'm trying to put into Contest setup under the multiplier tab that has me puzzled. For "Field" I selected pwr from the drop-down, then for Expression if I just enter PWR=100 (not using the expression builder) then Value if I enter 2 (not using the expression builder) I get the cannot call SetFocus error. Not sure if there is some other syntax I should be using but bugging me that it doesn't work.

Thanks for looking !!

Brad, N8GLS
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2019 8:28:19 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
They use the term "power multiplier", but it is not a "real" multiplier. In LOGic, a multiplier is where you get to multiply your QSO points times say the number of different DXCC countries and CQ zones worked (CQWW). Do not use Logic's multiplier facility for Field Day.

What you need to use is the QSO points. Simply modify the Field Day log form. Go to QSO points. Change the default from 2 to 4, Phone from 1 to 2. There is already a Field Day QRP form where this was done, except you get 10 and 5 points.

If you submit a Cabrillo file, simply fill the header out properly with the proper power category, and they will score it for you.

Let me know if any questions.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K8ZM
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2019 11:10:23 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Did that and the Cabrillo already but thanks. I guess its not like a traditional multiplier in this instance.

Anyways thanks for the response !

73, Brad
1 user thanked K8ZM for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 6/26/2019(UTC)