logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

QSO and Address Label Printing
KB2COP
#1 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 8:24:36 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I hope this is the correct area in the forum for this post.
I have been going back and forth, numerous times, between Logic9 and three other logging programs. Each has its strengths and weaknesses but I seem to always come back to using Logic9. I have a Brother QL-570 printer that I use with one of the other programs to print my QSO and Address labels and it works FB.
I want to use the same printer with Logic9 but can’t figure out how to. I know I can export the Logic .adif, import to the other program and then print the labels, but that’s ridiculous.
Does anyone use the Brother in conjunction with Logic9 or can someone point me to a tutorial that would help me set this up in Logic9?
Thank you.
-73- John, KB2COP
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 8:13:04 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi John:

LOGic should print to any label that has a Windows driver, which would be anything nowdays.

There is a special facility for printing QSL and Address labels directly from the log screen to one of those little label printers. To set it up, go to Tools/Setup/On-Demand Label Printing. Just choose your label printer for address labels and QSL labels.

To print labels, click Log/Print Labels from the log screen.

Let me know if any questions.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
KB2COP
#3 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 9:41:36 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WN4AZY Go to Quoted Post
Hi John:

LOGic should print to any label that has a Windows driver, which would be anything nowdays.

There is a special facility for printing QSL and Address labels directly from the log screen to one of those little label printers. To set it up, go to Tools/Setup/On-Demand Label Printing. Just choose your label printer for address labels and QSL labels.

To print labels, click Log/Print Labels from the log screen.

Let me know if any questions.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

I can’t thank you enough. Not only have you solved my printing dilemma, but I no longer have to vacillate between Logic9 and any other logging program. FWIW - I realize others may think me silly for putting such a high priority on the visual aspect of QSO’s, but the great ability of Logic9 to incorporate images in a record logging is one of the major reasons I’m sticking with your software! I love to look at a previous QSO and not only see a picture of the QSL card, but the station, country flag, map, operator etc., etc. Thank you for such a wonderful product!
1 user thanked KB2COP for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 6/17/2019(UTC)