logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

win4icomsuite & com0com w/IC-7300
K8ZM
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 11:28:13 AM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Just installed the trial version of win4icomsuite to give me rig control but more importantly on-screen spectrum display with an IC-7300. Interfacing to LOGic v9.1.41 using com0com was easy and now have LOGic direct connected with the IC-7610 and thru win4icomsuite via com0com for the IC-7300. All seems to play well so far. For the IC-7300 I did have to turn polling on in order for the rig window in LOGic to display the frequency in real time (spinning the knob) and was wondering if anyone else using win4icomsuite has had to do the same.

Thanks, de Brad N8GLS
1 user thanked K8ZM for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 5/12/2019(UTC)
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
K8ZM
#2 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 6:39:57 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Ok, so win4icomsuite has an Auto Launch feature for up to (4) programs that can be started after it loads. I entered Logic's path " C:\Program Files (x86)\LOGic\LOGic.exe " into win4icomsuite's Auto Launch window and after win4icomsuite loads and tries to launch LOGic I just get a windows program error pop-up " File 'lockwindowupdate.prg' does not exist " and have to cancel it, if I Ignore it I just get a mess more errors. LOGic launches fine from the desktop and/or from double clicking the executable in LOGics program path. Any idea as to why this is poping up ?? I also posted to the win4icom suite forum as well.

Thanks for any ideas !!

73 de Brad, N8GLS

LOGic v 9.1.41, Win10 Home, v1809, OS build 17763.475
WN4AZY
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 7:29:28 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Can you set the START IN folder in win4icomsuite? Failing to do this will cause that error.

If win4icomsuite can start a shortcut, just start the LOGic shortcut that you normally use. The code to do that is simple -- it probably does that.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K8ZM
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 3:48:33 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Thanks Dennis !!

So when I browsed within win4icomsuite's auto launch window for my desktop shortcut and selected the shortcut it came back with the same error, BUT, when I manually typed in the path to the desktop shortcut it worked. I think this goes to me not realizing that browsing to the shortcut and using open from file explorer to select it would in-fact insert the shortcut's target (LOGic.exe) NOT the shortcut. So the resulting program error was actually the same as trying to enter LOGic.exe as before. Once I entered the path to the shortcut manually it worked !! So thanks as always !!

PS: win4icomsuite is a pretty cool program, next I'll try to have fldigi and wsjtx all concurrently connected via win4icomsuite and linked to LOGic for the IC-7300 giving me all the digital modes all while the IC-7610 is directly connected to LOGic. So two rig control and full logging capability with on-screen spectrum scopes....too cool !! Then have to figure out how to get three rigs to all play and have all the digital modes available to any rig along with full radio control and spectrum scopes for each....that may be a tall order !!

Hamvention in a couple days !!! Going Fri and Sat to kick the tires on the 9700....if anyone is going send me an email n8gls@arrl.net, it would be nice to have an eyeball with anyone in the forum.

73 de Brad N8GLS