logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

LOGic 9 Settings for IC-7600?
KV5Q
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 12:23:28 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I just purchased a new IC-7600 & cannot get it to work with LOGic 9. I had it working fine with my IC-746 MK II, but I cannot find the right settings for the IC-7600 & I keep getting port error messages.
Kirk KV5Q
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 11:07:45 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Ok, what do the error messages say?

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
KV5Q
#3 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 12:04:06 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

There are two boxes coming up

The first says Inface OK, but no rig found at address 26h, a test will be performed to determine address on COM 3. It then comes up & says the rig is not found & a third message then says, "A timeout occured whie attempting to communicate with a rig. Be sure rig is turned on and check cabeling and setup parameters."

I have double checked the cabling & it is OK. I am not sure whether I have the correct parameters set for teh IC-7600 as there are two different IC-7600s in the list & I have tried both. Moreover, when I go into the Addr drop down list, there is no setting for the IC-7600. The 7400, 7700 & 7800 are all there, but there is no 7600.

What settings should I set for the Stop bits & Address for the IC-7600?

Thanks & 73,
Kirk KV5Q
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 10:50:20 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Thanks for the addl info.

Any of the Icom drivers will work, but to get the most functionality you need to select the proper one. I can't say which is the proper one without knowing what version of firmware you have. If you don't have the 1.1 firmware, I recommend installing it. It permits LOGic to query the rig for the current Split status. Then of course use the 7600 with 1.1 firmware driver.

The reason you are getting the errors is either the baud rate is wrong or the address or both is wrong. I have a PDF copy of the manual and is lists the factory-default address as 7A (I'll add that to the menu -- meantimne just type it in). However The CI-V address and is confgurable in the menus in the rig, so it would be good to check it. Consult your manual.

You must change the baud rate. The factory default is AUTO, which will not work. Select a real baud rate. 9600 is good. Set LOGic to match.

We recommend two stop bits. But if all else fails, try 1 stop bit.

Here is general troubleshooting info:

http://hosenose.com/Foru...ce-troubleshooting.aspx

Let me know if any questions.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY