logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Set active RIG via radio command, PTT, or other
K8ZM
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 9:30:33 AM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
I may have asked a similar question some time ago but want to re-kindle the idea anyways.

I have multiple rigs and sometimes run SO2R. The issue comes when having to manually mouse click the RIG Radio button on the logform. Sometimes when your "running" in a contest I forget to select the correct rig and oops its not on the correct band and so have to go back and fix it, not the best scenareo when your qso rate is up there. Even on VHF where I run SO2R with a rig on 2m and another on 6m its the same when your rapidly changing bands and "forget" to change rigs (Focus in the SO2R world). So is there any way to make the Active rig "follow" the rig being used, i.e., lets say when your changing frequency at the radio, or hit PTT, or something where one of the commands already in the datastream from the radio to LOGic can be read and used as a trigger for making that rig the active one??

The benefit to "Auto Focus" applies to just casually operating as well.

Thanks,

73 de Brad, N8GLS

Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 9:34:28 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Brad:

Good idea.

When I write that function to return the current rig, you should be able to use log/setup/defaults to automatically populate that. In fact, it would probably work using the expression in our other thread.

Tnx & 73,

DH

K8ZM
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 4:16:02 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Dennis,

Yes, I've been using the expression STREXTRACT(GLOBAL.LOG_FORM_REF.RADIO_IFC_REF.CAPTION, "", " (", 1) you gave me and it works just fine. My Rig field gets "auto-filled" for each and every QSO !! Nice. I also added some more expressions to get Antenna's and Amplifier's "auto-filled"....I'm spoiled now as I dont need to pick anything from a drop-down menu !! And, of course I had to go and make a new QSL Card report that would print on my "old" pre-printed cards...so those are all auto-filled now, I don't need to do anything manually there either....yawn, running out of things to do so !!

So not sure If I was clear on the request but let me be sure I put this correctly. So my logform window has the (4) radio buttons at the top right, I MANUALLY select the rig I want to become active BEFORE logging a QSO so LOGic knows what rig to grab data from. I would like for LOGic to "automatically" know what the active rig should be based on, lets say, a push of the PTT "from the rig", i.e., I push PTT on rig 3 (say, calling CQ), LOGic see's PTT in rig 3's datastream and "automatically" makes rig 3 the active rig, if my CQ is answered I log the QSO and LOGic grabs the data from rig 3 WITHOUT me having to manually make rig 3 the active rig from the logforms radio buttons. Then I PTT on rig 2, LOGic follows and knows rig 2 is now active, and so on.

I just used PTT as an example as it seemed the most logical to me, but it could be a spin of the frequency dial or a VFO change or mode change or whatever else is available in the "datastream" that LOGic can "see" and use as a flag.....hey LOGic, rig 3 had a freq change, that must now be the active rig, or rig 2 just transmitted so it must now be the active rig. Sorry the elementary wording....

Anyways, not a barn burner, but a wish and wow, it would take "Too Cool for the Room" to a whole new level...hihi.

73 de Brad