logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Interfacing Icom 7300 with LOGic 9
WB3ESR
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 9:36:44 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I recently purchased an Icom 7300. For years I had an Icom 737 which I interfaced with LOGic using the LCU3-I interface from W1GEE which I purchased from you...and it worked fine. Unfortunately it doesn't work with my IC 7300. I keep getting message Rig not found on COM 3. Change mode and press OK

On the Rig Interface page there is no listing for IC 7300 under rigs (there is under address).

I must be missing something...can you help?

Gil WB3ESR
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2018 3:41:22 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Gil:

Check this out:
http://www.hosenose.com/...ce-troubleshooting.aspx
The main thing is to make sure you have the right COM port, the right baud rate, and the right address. Make sure that the baud rate selected in the radio is not AUTO. Set LOGic to the same thing. Check the CI/V address, and try 1 and 2 stop bits.

The LOGic rig interface is pretty flexible. Interface# 40 ICOM BASIC will work. Get everything working with that, then select the interface that supports the most features. #47 for instance.

What interface hardware are you using? Some USB=>RS232 interfaces are not 100% compatible. So also try one of the basic Legacy interfaces (scroll down).

Let me know.

Tnx &73,

Dennis WN4AZY
WB3ESR
#3 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2018 9:06:52 PM(UTC)

Hi Dennis:

Thank you for your response and help. I followed your suggestions - and suggestions in the linked article - and discovered some things I was doing wrong. However, I'm still having a problem. The message tells me that my rig address is 94h and I should make sure I have the correct address in Logic. Well, the IC7300 is listed under the address section (as 94h) and I do have it correct in Logic. I keep getting same message, but still not working. A solution to this problem is not listed in the article you sent me. Can you help me again? (I've alternated between 1 and 2 bits, I've made sure the baud rates are the same in the 7300 and Logic, and am using the correct COM port. I'll bet the solution is right in front of me and I can't see it!!!)
Thanks!

**Gil**
WB3ESR
#4 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2018 9:09:42 PM(UTC)

Dennis...forgot to tell you...the interface I'm using was purchased back in 2010 from you guys. And, it has worked perfectly all these years with my Icom 737.

**Gil**
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2018 10:08:23 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Gil:

There are some screwy settings such as CI-V echo that has to be on in the rig, but I think it applies only to the built-in USB=>RS232 adapter. You are using the 1/8" phone jack CI-V port, right? That should echo no matter what.

Do you have the latest 9.1.36 update? Download it again just to make sure you have the latest update to it. We had someone else report a similar problem with this rig. It was like the rig was just not hearing LOGic. We have yet to resolve it. Meantime, he is using one of the Legacy interfaces.

I would like to log into your machine and take a look.
http://www.hosenose.com/remote_support.aspx
When is a good time to call you? Tomorrow is pretty well booked already but anytime after that, or you can try me. Call the office and it will forward to my cell phone.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
WB3ESR
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2018 8:04:49 PM(UTC)

Dennis...Success!!!

I followed your suggestion and downloaded again the latest 9.1.36 update. And,now everything seems to be working fine. I turned Logic off and on again just to make sure... and the frequency, mode, etc continue to appear as usual on the Logic screen. I am very pleased...thank you again for all your help. I saved all our correspondence for future reference.

**Gil**
WN4AZY
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 10:04:02 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Excellent!

Just want to make sure -- are you using a non-legacy interface? Which interface number are you using (look in the right column of the dropdown). I will add the 7300 to the description.

Thanks again.

Dennis WN4AZY
WB3ESR
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 2:13:31 PM(UTC)

Dennis...I was concerned that I would start everything up today and it would not be working....but it is! Hi Hi

I am using the "Icom basic description..." which is #40 in the far right column. You did suggest that I try #47 but I decided to keep things the way they are and not mess with success!!

**Gil**

1 user thanked WB3ESR for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 7/12/2018(UTC)
WN4AZY
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 8:22:37 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Ok, cool. That is using the new COM port library. The Icom interfaces aren't much different from each other. Mostly different combinations of supported modes, dual rx, VFO A/B or Main/Sub. A few allow reading split status.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY