logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9.1.30 problem with network drive
NS4X
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 3, 2018 10:58:49 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I have been successfully using LOGic for years now with a network drive path for the data files in order to share the log between two computers. After upgrading from 9.1.27 to 9.1.30 I get an error on startup that the log.dbf file is not present in the network drive directory specified in the path. The program then defaults to the C: drive location, which of course has an empty log.dbf file. The proper log.dbf file IS present on the network drive. Manually reentering the path in the startup parameters made no difference. I reinstalled 9.1.27 (I always retain the update files, thank you for that option) and the problem went away, all is normal again with that version. Any ideas for getting the latest update to work properly?

Thanks,
Bart NS4X
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 3, 2018 9:39:34 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Bart:

There is an enhancement to the .29 version that shows the path to LOG.DBF if you specify the path with DATA= on the command line or shortcut. I also added some extra error checking to make sure that a log.dbf actually exists at the specified location.

I am using the standard .Net Directory.Exists and File.Exists to make this determination. I tested it here using a different computer on my LAN, using a UNC path in DATA=, and it works fine.

So please do this. Start .27, and go to tools/advanced/path and file info. Note the location of the LOG.DBF that it is using. Make sure that it is using the one on the network drive -- the one that you think it is using. It could be that log.dbf is not actually at the location you think it is, and LOGic is finding another one somewhere along the path to use. Prior to .29, LOGic didn't actually check that there was a log.dbf at the path specified by DATA=. If it found a log file to use somewhere, it was happy.

Let me know. If that doesn't resolve it, please send me the DATA= path, a screen shot of tools/advanced/path and file info from .27, and the exact error generated by .30.

Tnx for using LOGic.

Dennis WN4AZY

NS4X
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2018 9:08:16 AM(UTC)

Dennis,

Thank you for such a quick response. Here is the path specified by DATA= that works in 9.1.27: "C:\Program Files (x86)\LOGic\LOGic.exe" data='C:\Users\jbart\Dropbox\LOGic9\logdata;C:\Users\jbart\Dropbox\LOGic9\data'

I will attempt to attach a screen shot of tools/advanced/path and file info from .27. It matches the expected path. As I mentioned in the original post, I use this network drive option to share the log file among multiple computers - two desktops and a laptop. This is something that I use frequently, so I would notice if the logs did not match.

I will need to reinstall 9.1.30 to reproduce the exact error message, so I will follow up with that.

Thanks,
Bart

File Attachment(s):
Screenshot 2018-02-04 07.54.22.png (335kb) downloaded 43 time(s).
1 user thanked NS4X for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 2/4/2018(UTC)
NS4X
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2018 9:14:56 AM(UTC)

Dennis,

I am attaching a screenshot of the exact error generated by 9.1.30.

Bart
File Attachment(s):
Screenshot 2018-02-04 08.13.11.png (3,277kb) downloaded 34 time(s).
1 user thanked NS4X for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 2/4/2018(UTC)
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2018 6:10:26 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
There was an error in the way I was handling the parsing of when you have two paths specified as you do.

I fixed it. Pse download and install .30 again.

Thanks for your help with this.

WN4AZY
NS4X
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2018 11:29:00 PM(UTC)

Dennis,

Thank YOU for such excellent customer service. I downloaded the new build of .30 and all is working.

73!
Bart