logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

CQ WPX Contest & LOGic
K8ZM
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 6:59:26 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Hi Dennis and forum members !!

Worked CQ WPX this past weekend and had two minor anomalies during the contest, here are the scenarios:

1) Cntrl-N to open a blank logform, enter callsign of the station I think I want to work, hit the up arrow key, then decide to not work that station and hit ESC key to close out of the blank logform. The logform then correctly displays the last logged contact and the browse form correctly displays the list of logged contacts with the most recent row highlighted.....all is good. Now, when I scroll off the last contact, the DXCC field of that last contact gets deleted and is now blank......so if you ESC out of the logform, then scroll off the last qso in the browse form, whatever entry was in the DXCC field gets deleted and is now blank.

2) Using the Progress 2 window and setting it for WPX and (multiplier) only displays progress for Mix band and Mix mode, all other band mode fields are blank. So it would show w for Mix Band and Mode if that prefix was worked, but not the specific band or mode it applies to, those fields were all blank.

I'm not a contest station but enjoy the radiosport. So did Single-Op, Unassisted, all search-and-pounce most of Sat and Sun for total of 321 Q's, 255 PFX for unofficial score of 228,990. Slightly less than last years score. Not the winning score but a winner for me !!

73, de Brad N8GLS

1 user thanked K8ZM for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 3/30/2017(UTC)
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 30, 2017 2:06:00 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Thanks -- I'll look at that and fix it.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
K8ZM on 3/30/2017(UTC)