logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Problems getting new subscription upgrade to keep working
K7UA
#1 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 4:49:05 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hello. I have been a LOGic user for over ten years. I went to LOGic9 as soon as it came out. I just subscribed to the updates and received my link for the new software. The install seemed to go ok. I ran the update function within LOGic9 and got the latest version 9.1.8 again seemed to go fine. I then downloaded the FCC call book. Again it seemed to go fine. Unfortunately it isn't running fine. I have not been able to isolate all of the issues, but I frequently get a screen saying: "THE ACTION CANNOT BE COMPLETED BECAUSE THE OTHER PROGRAM IS BUSY. CHOOSE 'SWITCH TO' TO ACTIVATE THE BUSY PROGRAM AND CORRECT THE PROBLEM." There are no other programs running other than LOGic and once I get into this the only thing that is possible is to use the Windows task manager and end the LOGic program. Of course then a clean and re-indexing is required. I am running Windows 7 Professional on a Dell system. My radios are two Elecraft K3 transceivers running on COM3 and COM4. LOGic seems to sometimes have issues reading the frequencies from the transceivers. If I just restart the logging program after an error it does not always get the frequency data. As weird as it seems the only way to be certain of a fresh start reading the radios is to turn the PC and the radios off and then restart. Otherwise it just doesn't work right. Otherwise LOGic thinks the COM ports are busy and gives me a box saying so. The 'ACTION CANNOT..." box sometimes pops up when trying to enter a new QSO. That is a deal breaker and makes the system unusable. I have my data backed up so a reinstall may help. I need some advice. 73, Bryce K7UA
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
K7UA
#2 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 5:20:31 PM(UTC)

I tried to roll the version back to my old one that worked 9.0.89 and that didn't work. I guess I shouldn't have expected it to. I then reinstalled the latest version of 9.1.x and had some new problems that I am sure are self inflicted. On startup I'm getting: Wrong Version FoxPro" then of Call Sign Exception File" then "Prefix Setup Lookup Failed". Now I'm really in a mess and really need help. Thanks, Bryce K7UA
K7UA
#3 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 8:37:38 PM(UTC)

Well I uninstalled LOGic all together and reinstalled 9.1.6.
I'm back to the original problems with it not reading the radios correctly and "hanging up" at other times.
At least I got back to where I was. Still not really functional.
wa4pgm
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2017 7:54:34 AM(UTC)
kchavis

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Make sure you have "Poll" checked in the Radio Interface.

Tools>Setup>Misc Ham Setup>Radio Ifc

Look to the far right under Description and beside DTR, RTS, and check Poll.

I am using a K3 with LOGic 9.1.8 and all works well.
73 Kyle
1 user thanked wa4pgm for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 1/14/2017(UTC)
K7UA
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2017 11:40:44 AM(UTC)

Thank you! That may have fixed it. I need to run it a while to be sure, but so far it is ok. It was flakey before. Sometimes working and other times not. 73, Bryce K7UA