logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Very frustrated with crashes, etc.
N7TB
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2016 10:14:02 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am not sure what is going on with Logic 9 on my Lenovo Laptop. I use Logic with my laptop when I am portable and on my main desk computer when at home. With my home computer, Logic connects fine to my KX3 and enters all the radio info fine. Every once in a while, the program will crash for some reason I have no idea why, but not enough to cause me to want to go to something else.

I am currently running my laptop interfaced to my KX3. All the KX3 utilities work fine with the rig. Logic is now doing something on my Laptop that it never used to do on earlier versions. When I fire up Logic (9.1.5 and 9.1.6) the frequency will show 30.000 when on 80, or 70.000 when on 40. When I can get it to show the correct frequency by disabling the rig, then enabling it, or just starting Logic again.

Mostof the time it is logging my CW contacts as LSB even though the rig is set to CW, and it will not allow me to change the mode to CW in that field. It is locked on LSB. The program has crashed at least 15 times that I have tried to use it in the last two hours as well.

I am not sure what is going on, but I sure could use some help.

Thanks,

Terry, N7TB
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2016 10:09:03 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Terry--

Sorry for the problem.

It is probably a difference in hardware. There is a lot of incompatible USB=>RS232 stuff out there. What sort of interface hardware are you using on the laptop? A FTDI-based USB=>RS232 adapter is the way to go.

What do the error messages say?

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
N7TB
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 8:28:08 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

You are probably right about the interface. What I use is the KXUSBa interface cord from Elecraft that interfaces the KX3 to my computer. I don't know what it's standard are, but it works fine to upgrade firmware and to run their terminal and memory programs.

I will have to look at the error message the next time get it, and let you know.

Thanks,

Terry