logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Returned results are not ADIF error
K7PDW
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2016 12:20:38 PM(UTC)
DAVE

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
This started when I moved to a new computer (WIN 10 os). No problem with previous WIN 10 computer

When I try to import from LOTW I get this error "Returned results are not ADIF"

The logicerr.txt file is what comes out instead of the import information from LOTW.

I checked my TQSL and it looks good compared to the one on the old computer.

I ran LOGic 9 import with TQSL in diagnostic mode. The TQSL diagnostic dump file is tqsldiag.log also a text file.

Both files are attached.

File Attachment(s):
logicerr.txt (6kb) downloaded 28 time(s).
tqsldiag_log.txt (6kb) downloaded 37 time(s).
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2016 9:47:41 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Here is the problem portion of the logicerr.txt file:

Quote:
You must have been issued a certificate before you can log on to the LoTW site.

Try logging in manually and downloading your QSLs. You should get the same error. Contact ARRL if you need help resolving certificate issues. We may be able to help you, but it isn't the sort of thing you have to do very often....

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K7PDW
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2016 2:43:20 PM(UTC)
DAVE

Man

Cannot find the link on LoTW for downloading QSLs. Please send it.
Thanks
Dave
wa4pgm
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2016 8:54:42 PM(UTC)
kchavis

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 191 post(s)
I think this is what you're looking for:

Login to LoTW
Your QSOs>Download Report

73 Kyle
1 user thanked wa4pgm for this useful post.
K7PDW on 11/17/2016(UTC)
K7PDW
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2016 12:59:01 PM(UTC)
DAVE

Man

How do I wipe out the password file that LOGic 9 created (was saved when I did the initial set up) and make it so LOGic asks for the password each time I export or import. Right now my LOGic asks for the password when I export but does not ask when I import. I think this might be the source of my trouble.
K7PDW
#7 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2016 11:28:13 AM(UTC)
DAVE

Man

Was able to download the report to the desktop then import it to LOGIC successfully. At least now I can keep my log updated. Thanks for getting me there.
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2016 1:52:56 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: K7PDW Go to Quoted Post
How do I wipe out the password file that LOGic 9 created (was saved when I did the initial set up) and make it so LOGic asks for the password each time I export or import. Right now my LOGic asks for the password when I export but does not ask when I import. I think this might be the source of my trouble.
You can enter the password any time you like in the Password and Verify fields. If you don't enter it again in VERIFY, it will ask every time if I recall correctly.
K7PDW
#8 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2016 7:57:33 PM(UTC)
DAVE

Man

Tried clearing the call sign and password from the export window, but LOGIC still completed the process and did not ask for password at all. Cleared the call sign and password from the import window, but the behavior did not change. Somehow it is still finding the call sign and password.
WN4AZY
#9 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2016 9:39:44 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

From your email:

Quote:
I've not been able to import QSL confirmations from LOTW. I can download the file from LOTW to my desktop then import to LOGIC without a hitch. Just cannot do it directly from the web. You suggested that I check my TQSL when I posted the problem on the forum and my TQSL works. I can export from LOGIC to LOTW but import directly from the web gives me a password error. Rather then roll back the revision I was wondering if there was a way to delete the file where LOGIC stores the password and start over. If it is in a file where I can edit a line or something along those lines I can do that. I have already tried to enter a new password in LOGIC and update it on LOTW to match and still the problem persisted.

When I export to LOTW it asks for my password but when I try to import directly from the web it does not ask then gives me the following error. "Returned results are not ADIF. Possible reasons include bad user/password"

You can reinstall 9.1.4 but I doubt it is a LOGic issue. It is easy enough to do, and easy to go back to 9.1.5 if it behaves as I suspect.

LOGic isn't going to ask for the password. You have to enter it in the password box. Look at the results in the white window. It is a bit to read thru, but you will find the error in there. If you don't put anything in the LoTW Web Password field, it will say "Username/password incorrect" about 10% up from the bottom.

I can't remember where I got the password. The web site says it is not the one that comes on the postcard. I think I clicked FORGOT PASSWORD and they emailed it to me. It IS the same one that will log you into the LoTW site.

LoTW Web User (callsign) must be filled in also of course.

It is possible that there is some other problem than incorrect user/password. Read thru the HTML to determine the reason.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K7PDW
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 8:07:39 PM(UTC)
DAVE

Man

The problem seems to be fixed. Not sure what happened. I reinstalled TQSL then loaded my TQSL certificate from the file I had saved when I got the certificate from ARRL. Then I closed TQSL and opened Logic and deleted the password from the Export window and continued the export process. As expected it failed. I then closed Logic and rebooted my computer. I opened Logic and went to the Export window, put in the password and verified it. Both export and import worked. Hopefully it will continue to do so.

I'm not sure what exactly did the trick from all the things I tried, but your suggestions and help are appreciated.

Thank you.
1 user thanked K7PDW for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 11/20/2016(UTC)