logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

How do you install updates?
W2EC
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2016 2:44:24 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I renewed my subscription last month. I was sent SETUPLOGic9_10295.exe. After installing and trying to run it I started getting all kinds of errors like:

"Error 1429 OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from EntityFramwork......................has occurred in program PREFIXLOOKUPSETUP, line 40."
and
"Error 1806 SQL: Column 'MULTVDELIM" is not found in program MAKE_LOGFIELDS_CURSOR line 22"
and a bunch of other errors.

Eventually if I click 'continue' enough I get to a menu that asks me to select a Table.DBF file., then I get a whole bunch of other error messages similar to the above.

Is there a secret way to install this update on my existing LOGic 9.0 system? I did get a new license file in the new installation, but nothing runs worth beans.
Fortunately I backed up my older 9.0 versions so I have restored that so I can keep logging, but just can't get the update to install and work.

Any ideas?
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
W5GA
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2016 7:43:31 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 97 post(s)
I had similar issues. First, go into programs and features and uninstall SlimDXruntime. Once that is uninstalled, do the install again as you did the first time.
W2EC
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2016 8:20:44 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the idea, unfortunately didn't help in my case. There were two versions of SlimDXruntime. Uninstalled both, reran the setup 9.10295, same results, exact same error messages. Now have just one SlimDXruntime installed. Very frustrating. Sorry I wasted my money with the upgrade, my older version is running just fine so didn't need any new features anyway. Will I never learn to leave well enough alone?

Paul
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2016 9:04:59 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Sorry for the problem. You didn't waste your money. We will get this going for you. I am testing your download now.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2016 9:49:15 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Ok, not finding any problems when installing your update here.

Investigating that first error message you get (and it is the first one that counts -- the subsequent ones are usually an aftermath of the first), it is something with the prefix setup.

I thought maybe Entity Framework didn't get installed. So I uninstalled it but got a different error.

I suspect your prefix table is corrupted in some way that it works with the old version but not the new. Some fields were added, and the update process is supposed to add them to your old table when you update, but perhaps it cannot for some reason. Please try this: In Windows Explorer, go to c:\program files (x86)\LOGic\Data in Windows Explorer. Delete PREFIX.DBF (It might just say PREFIX, depending on how you have Windows set up). Now install your SETUPLOGic9_10295.exe again. This will get a clean fresh factory prefix table.

If that doesn't fix it (or you don't want to mess with it) call me at 770-207-1511. That is our office number, but if we are out it forwards to cell, so you can reach me. I can log in and fix it for you.

Again, I apologize for the problem.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY