logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

QSL report help
IK0CHU
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 27, 2015 5:44:40 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 79 post(s)

Hello Dennis,
I had the Canon MP150 to print QSL that I had to replace with mg7750 canon because it was no longer supported by windows10.
Unfortunately I can not print QSL because the report that I use is blocked and does not come out the preview.
I'm not able to schedule a new report for my new printer.
can you help me? I attach my file reports, you can take a look? Thank you
73's de IKØCHU Mauro
File Attachment(s):
report.zip (8kb) downloaded 32 time(s).
IKØCHU Mauro
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2015 1:56:55 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 485 time(s) in 400 post(s)
Hi Mauro:

I downloaded your report and ran it here. It prompted me for a picture file which you did not send, but if I select my own picture, it works.

What exactly do you mean by "blocked"? Does it select any records, or does preview just not show anything? if that's the case: I think preview depends on the printer driver. There may be some issue with the new printer driver. Try installing PDFCreator, setting it as the Windows default printer, and see if it previews.

http://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator/download

Happy new year!

Dennis
IK0CHU
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2016 6:27:01 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 79 post(s)

Hello Dennis ,
my new MG7750 printer works very well but has two front trays while the printer MP150 had the rear tray .
The QSL cards are inserted vertically compulsorily , in the center , but are printed horizontally as you can see from the pictures .
I do not know where I'm wrong . The problem I have more than 4,000 QSL to print, and more time passes, it will be worse .
Sorry for delay ...
73's de IKØCHU Mauro
File Attachment(s):
QSL1E2.pdf (87kb) downloaded 35 time(s).
P_20160207_235031.jpg (2,013kb) downloaded 36 time(s).
P_20160207_235213.jpg (1,741kb) downloaded 28 time(s).
IKØCHU Mauro
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 9:18:56 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Mauro--sorry for the delay. I will look at this soon.

Thanks,

Dennis
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2016 1:44:35 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

HI--

Again, I apologize for the delay with this.

Attached is what I get when I print it with PDFCreator.

I see that you are feeding the cards horizontally. Can you feed them vertically?

I can't find any way to rotate the report output 90 degrees. It must be the printer doing it. Can you select DISPLAY PRINT DIALOG in LOGic and then set something in the printer to tell it to rotate 90 degrees? Or set something in the Windows Control Panel for the printer?

There is supposed to be a way to rotate INDIVIDUAL CONTROLS in the report writer (not the whole report output unfortunately). It appears when I modify a report in FoxPro, but not in LOGic. Not sure why. That would be something we could investigate further. However, I recommend figuring out what is wrong with the printer setup. Even if you could rotate individual controls, laying it out would be difficult.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
File Attachment(s):
K7PDW
#6 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2016 8:29:13 PM(UTC)
DAVE

Man

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Dennis

I'm having exactly the same problem as IK0CHU with my new DYMO LabelWriter 450. The labels come on a roll so that they are oriented 1 1/8 wide and 3 1/2 long. When I try to print a label it prints across the 1 1/8 direction. I need the ability to rotate the output from LOGic 9 as well. I'm running Win 10 as well and can't seem to find a way to get control of the orientation on the printer either. It looks like Microsoft took that away from the user's control in Win 10.

Dave, K7PDW
K7PDW
#7 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2016 9:09:19 PM(UTC)
DAVE

Man

UPDATE: I may have found an answer. There is a way to get to the printer preferences in Win 10. Click Setting then click Devices. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the window to Related Settings and click Devices and Printers. This opens the Win 7 look alike where each printer and device is pictured. Double click the device of interest and another window opens. Click on Printer in this window and then click on Printing Preferences and select Landscape. (The default is portrait.) Click OK and back all the way out. That got the QSO labels printing the right direction on my LabelWriter 450.

Now I just have to learn how to get it to print darker. The information is all there but the QSO data is very, very light and thus very hard to read.

Still working on the address label. It still wants to print across the 1 1/8 direction. Not sure why the same procedure won't work for address labels as well as QSO data label.

I don't have a way to print QSL cards so can't report on that, but I hope what I have learned may help.

Dave, K7PDW
1 user thanked K7PDW for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 8/9/2016(UTC)
K7PDW
#8 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2016 9:30:57 PM(UTC)
DAVE

Man

UPDATE AGAIN: ADDRESS LABELS FIXED TOO
Turns out I had to go into LOGic 9 Tools, Setup, On-demand QSL label printing. Click Set Printer and in the new window select (Windows default printer) from the pull down then click Page Setup and in that window under Orientation click the Landscape radio button then back out. Be sure that the printer of interest mentioned in the previous UPDATE is also set to Landscape. Now my LabelWriter 450 prints both address labels and QSO data labels in the right direction.

Hope this helps with the QSL card printing too.

Dave, K7PDW
1 user thanked K7PDW for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 8/9/2016(UTC)