logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

.89 update status??
N7IP
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2016 4:09:44 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Posting says this is not tested. Do we know if it is OK to use with K3? Anyone find problems?

Bob, N7IP
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
N5XZ
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2016 5:56:24 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Mine seems to be working ok.
73, Allen N5XZ
1 user thanked N5XZ for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 7/18/2016(UTC)
wa4pgm
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 4:35:28 PM(UTC)
kchavis

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 191 post(s)
My K3 doesn't like the .89 update. As soon as I turn the rig interface on LOGic crashed. Upon restarting LOGic and tuning either VFO A or B I back to getting to pop-up error.

Function argument value, type, or count is invalid.
click Ignore
Tune VFO A
Same error
click Ignore
Tune VFO B
Same error

Polling is NOT checked

Frequency display in LOGic goes crazy while tuning either VFO. EX 140.032, then will display correct frequency.

Windows 7
microham microKEYER interface

Kyle, WA4PGM
N7IP
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 4:52:05 PM(UTC)

Dennis, I'm wondering why this version was not tested. Do you not have a K3? Do you have enough feedback on this version to know what needs to be done?

Bob, N7IP
wa4pgm
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2016 6:46:25 AM(UTC)
kchavis

Man

I've tested many updates but for the last couple of months having to work 6 and 7 days a week plus being out of town hasn't made it easy. It would be very costly to own each radio for which software is used. Some issues are hard to correct and sometimes a fix goes bad. We can all help by submitting details about what isn't working and the steps you did to reproduce the error. For now I just leave the radio interface off and type in the freq/mode. It only takes a few more seconds and I'm happy with what works right in LOGic.
73 Kyle
N5XZ
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2016 8:13:34 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Kyle, try turning your polling to ON.

When I reported the issue ofLOGic crashing with the graphical rotor controller, Dennis said to turn rotor polling off, but I mistakenly turned rig polling off. LOGic starting crashing as soon as I tried to turn the rotor from the spot log. After realizing my error, I turned rig polling back on, and turned rotor polling off, and since then, everything is solid (and LOGic is reading VFO B when logging a split frequency QSO ok again.)

BTW, I am also running Win7, microKEYER II and a K3.
73, Allen N5XZ
wa4pgm
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2016 9:50:52 AM(UTC)
kchavis

Man

Allen, Thanks!!

With Polling ON my K3 is much happier. I should have tried that first before posting. Huh
73 Kyle

PS: Thanks Dennis for what seems to be the fix!
N7IP
#9 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 10:02:45 PM(UTC)

I tried the .89 version with my K3. It works fine with the OmniRig interface, as does the .87 version. But like the .87 version, the .89v crashes every time I click "set rig" on a spot while using the Logic K3 rig interface. Rig polling is disabled because I find that it slows down the responsiveness of the freq display. When Lofic crashes there is no error msg, but Win 7 wants to know if I want to send info to Microsoft. Here are the files that Windows thinks are relevant. Dennis, I can send them to you if they would help you diagnose the problem.

C:\Users\bob\AppData\Local\Temp\WERF3ED.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\bob\AppData\Local\Temp\WERFFB0.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\bob\AppData\Local\Temp\WERF.tmp.mdmp

If I turn on polling, Logic doesn't seem to crash. But I haven't had any more than a few minutes of random use. Not sure what the side effects are of having polling on for a K3.

I hope this provides some useful info to help fix the K3 interface.

Bob, N7IP
WN4AZY
#10 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 7:19:13 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Sure, send it on.

The error is occurring in the .Net framework. I was blaming non-FTDI drivers, but WA4PGM proved to me that we could make it crash with an FTDI driver. We trapped one of the errors (ignore and continue), but there must be more.

BTW, LOGic is one of the few if any programs that support the Kenwood Auto Information and Icom CI/V transceive features. Other programs poll too. You can set the polling rate higher (lower polling interval).

And understand that even if you turn polling off altogether (which happens when you close the rig toolbar), LOGic will still work. It ALWAYS polls before logging a QSO or any time it actually needs the freq etc for something. It doesn't rely on the auto frequency sent by the rig. The auto information is just for updating the display. In most cases, you have the rig sitting right there in front of you. (If you are operating remotely, do yourself a big favor and buy TRX-Manager hihi).

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY