logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Installed Logic9update72.exe and now OLE error code shows up
N4iQ
#1 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2014 7:51:40 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi Dennis - I was having the recent LOTW upload problem, so I installed Logic9update71.exe as the fix, as recommended. It appeared to install ok. The first time I loaded and ran LOGic9 after the install, it appeared to load properly, but then it stopped loading toward the end and the following error message appeared: "OLE error code 0x800a139b; Unknown COM status code". I use numerous com ports with my radios - but I did not have this problem until the upgrade. I tried rebooting the computer (an I3 processor - Windows 7) and still no luck. Also, I had a complete backup of the entire LOGic folder that I made several months ago. After having this problem,I moved the old LOGic folder into program files and replaced the LOGic folder that had this problem. LOgic then worked fine once more... and then I again installed the update. The same error message reoccurred and the program stops. So in the meantime I am just using the un-updated LOGic folder on my D HD drive until I get some help. Thanks - Bill N4iQ
PS I am going to post this on the LOTW part of the forum, as well.
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2014 7:13:20 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Bill:

I think COM stands for Common Object Module in this case.

What version do are you using now that is still working?

Watch your email--I will send you a complete new install for .71. Just install it on top of the current installation for now.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
N4iQ on 11/3/2014(UTC)
N4iQ
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2014 10:21:51 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the quick reply Dennis. I received your e-mail with the new .71 install. I will try it tomorrow and see how it goes. The LOGic version I am now using is 9.0.60. 73 and I will let you know the results. Bill N4iQ
N4iQ
#4 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2014 9:35:24 AM(UTC)

Hi Dennis - I installed LOGic 9.0.71 update using the link you gave me. I saved it on a CD for future use if needed. The installation went perfectly with no errors and the LOTW upload works just great. I hope you know how much I appreciate your excellent help and the fact you give us LOGic. I have been using it for years and years - since LOgic3 - and I am always amazed when I discover new features. Yesterday I discovered LOGic integrates with OMNIrig! If you would set up a way to donate or help support LOGic after our initial purchase, I would gladly contribute. I feel I have more than benefited from the original purchase price of LOGic and the upgrades. I would like to do something further in the way of financial support and I am sure others feel the same way. Just incredible radio software! Bill N4iq
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 9:29:41 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Thanks Bill, sorry for the trouble.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
k0is
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2016 10:40:28 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: WN4AZY Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Bill, sorry for the trouble.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

Hi, Dennis,

Larry, K0IS here, and upon doing an update to my Logic 9 just today (06/11/2016) I began receiving the same Program Error, "OLE error code 0x800a139b:unknown com status code." Mine occurs when I try to enter a new QSO. Responding to the error message with Cancel and/or Ignore shuts Logic down completely. I'm running Windows 7 here, Dennis and it looks like I need the same fix if you could help me out. Thanks very much for your time and patience.

73,Larry K0IS
WN4AZY
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2016 10:42:14 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Larry--

Are you upgrading to .87? From which version?

Try this. Reinstall .87. When it asks about the prefix table, choose the third option -- get the factory table. If that doesn't fix it, let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
k0is on 6/13/2016(UTC)
k0is
#8 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 12:18:58 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: WN4AZY Go to Quoted Post
Hi Larry--

Are you upgrading to .87? From which version?

Try this. Reinstall .87. When it asks about the prefix table, choose the third option -- get the factory table. If that doesn't fix it, let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

Thank you for saving my butt again, Dennis. Software is up and running once again.

73, Enjoy
Larry