logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

WINDOWS 7 Blue Screen
ke6te
#1 Posted : Friday, June 20, 2014 8:25:58 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I did a NORTON Anti-virus full scan and now I can not get LOGIC9 to work or open. Every time I click on the LOGIC9 icon it goes to BLUE screen with DUMPING MEMORY. It crashes my computer. Any suggestions?
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
vk4iu
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 21, 2014 2:47:54 AM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day

What does the Norton scan log tell you? What files did it quarantine/delete?

Blue Screen of Death indicates something major with Win 7 - not LOGic.
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
vk4iu
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 21, 2014 6:39:18 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day KE6TE,

... got your email.

Quote:
Norton automatically quarantined and fixes all the virues. It did not show me the files that are doing to be deleted. Can I just reload LOGIC9 and not to loose all my logs?
Thank you.

I prefer you post your reply on the forum, so all members benefit from our exchange. That also keeps my efforts manageable.

There will be a log in Norton that tells you precisely what it did. Perhaps even a "flag" to get Norton to ask you before it removes anything. I was once a user of Norton's tools, but now use Microsoft Security Essentials. Look in the configuration parts of Norton for help.

I suspect there is something missing from Win 7 itself, and your "blue screen of death" has little to do with LOGic.

The usual steps are to recover LOGic are:

- Take a complete copy of the LOGic folder to another disk drive - preferable an external USB drive.

- Run a LOGic CLEAN, to rebuild the LOGic indices.

- Test again.

If none of that is successful in getting LOGic to work ...

Yes, you can re-install LOGic 9 over the top of the existing installation, and apply the latest update, and you will not lose your log.

If that fails to solve the problem, Win 7 is damaged. Look on the Win 7 forums for help in solving the problem. Your WIN 7 CD/DVD contains tools to recover a damaged installation.

You should be taking a "backup" of your log in LOGic after every "on-air operating session" or "QSL received processing" or "QSO import" - preferably to a USB drive. Keep a paper "log book" with basic information of "what changed" since the last backup, and write down in the "paper log" the date and time of the log backup file name.

The LOGic backup only saves your log. To make sure all the other things - prefix table, award lists, membership lists, reports, etc - are backed up, you should be taking a copy of the entire LOGic folder when ever you make changes to these other parts of LOGic. Again write this fact in your "paper log". Keep at least 2 copies of any backup, preferably a lot more - USB drives are very cheap.

If you do that, you will never worry about losing your log, no matter what happens. You will be able to restore your log to a new PC, a new disk drive, a new copy of Windows, what ever.

Good DX.

Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
alva114
#5 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 2:03:54 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Fix Blue screen error.

1 – Shut down you operating system properly.
2 – Install genuine software, and scan your system properly.
3 – Disable unwanted program. To disable the unwanted program you can use System Utility Program or you can follow the below steps:
• Press “Start” go to “Run” and type “msconfig”
• Other option, Click “Start”, then click “Search”, type msconfig in the search bar and then click on msconfig.exe to open it.
• Now from the System Configuration Windows select “Selective Start Up” and then press on Start-up.
• You can now choose the unwanted program and click disable. While disabling unwanted programs be careful that you do not disable any Microsoft or Windows named program.