logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

LoTW Upload Failed
K3DMG
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 6:43:35 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Dennis,

I recently got a new computer and loaded Logic9 ver 9.0.34 from my CD, imported my log data and installed the latest update from the forum. Unfortunately, this resulted in a massive amount of error messages for almost any action that I tried to take. I've done 3 installs trying different versions of updates and get the same results. So, I'm now running ver 9.0.34, but this version results in an "Upload Failed" everything I upload log data to the LoTW. Of course, the data does upload and shows up in the LoTW, but the Q's don't get checked as sent. I'm sure there is a fix, but I'm at a loss.

I tried calling a number of times, but no answer and no reply to my voice message. I even sent an email, but no response. Is this program still supported and is there a fix for this annoying glitch?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Lee - K3DMG
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
W5GA
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 9:00:30 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 98 post(s)
Logic is now on 9.0.84, so you need to be using it. A bunch of the fixes in between address changes in LoTW.
2 users thanked W5GA for this useful post.
K3DMG on 4/6/2016(UTC), WN4AZY on 4/11/2016(UTC)
K3DMG
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2016 8:16:18 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: W5GA Go to Quoted Post
Logic is now on 9.0.84, so you need to be using it. A bunch of the fixes in between address changes in LoTW.

Thanks for the reply. However, I've downloaded ver 9.0.84 several times and run it, but now I get a massive amount of errors every time an attempt is made to enter data. I just finished a fresh install from the disk and it runs fine. However, after running the latest update I get a bunch of errors. The first one states:

Error 1429 "OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from System:parsing"bUI[A-I][67][-Unterminated[]set..."has occurred in program _4LT0J2C42_copy_PREFIX,line 12.

Attempt to continue?

If I choose "yes" there are a continuing mess of error messages. I have tried downloading some of the earlier updates after reinstalling from the disk, but the results are always the same although the error messages may be different. Logic9 with updates is running fine on my old machine, but simply will not operate on this one. Both computers use Windows 7 OS. The reason for getting a new computer was that the old one was showing signs of failure and didn't want to get caught with a major disaster.

All other programs and data that have been migrated from the old machine to the new one are running without problems. Logic9 is the only failure. I've downloaded the trial version of HRD to give it a try and it performs perfectly in every aspect. While HRD offers some nice features, I'm sold on Logic9, but not as it is running now and I would much prefer to fix it rather than change to HRD.

Any other thoughts? I've invested a lot of hours in trying everything I can find on the Forum. The problem persists and I'm out of ideas here.

Thanks,

Lee - K3DMG

W5GA
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2016 11:22:41 AM(UTC)

K3DMG
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2016 1:01:12 PM(UTC)

Yep ... tried and failed. I've spent most of today fooling with this with multiple attempts to uninstall, reinstall and update and the only thing that works without error is the installation from the supplied CD (ver 9.0.34). The updates that I've tried have all resulted in errors and/or program crashes. This is getting beyond frustration. The application works just fine with all features are operational in the CD version except that the LoTW upload results in the notice that the upload failed but the log data in fact has been delivered and entered into the LoTW. Of course, the Logic9 log entries are not checked to indicate that they have been uploaded and have to be corrected manually. The database command to do a batch update works just fine and saves a lot of manual work, but this should not be necessary.

Any other solutions out there?

Lee - K3DMG

W5GA
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2016 4:53:00 PM(UTC)

Ok, I'll describe the process I use. Copy the entire logic directory from the old computer to the new. Install logic from CD into the logic directory you copied...it won't effect your log data. install the latest update. Run logic. You shouldn't even need to do a restore from backup. Just had to do this on a new W7 machine. All worked as it should. It MUST be done in the specified order.
wa4pgm
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2016 7:01:53 PM(UTC)
kchavis

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Are you running LOGic as administrator? Just a thought.
1 user thanked wa4pgm for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 4/11/2016(UTC)
K3DMG
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2016 6:57:31 AM(UTC)

Ok, I'll describe the process I use. Copy the entire logic directory from the old computer to the new. Install logic from CD into the logic directory you copied...it won't effect your log data. install the latest update. Run logic. You shouldn't even need to do a restore from backup. Just had to do this on a new W7 machine. All worked as it should. It MUST be done in the specified order.

Eureka!!! Tried another method to copy the files and install from the CD and now everything is cool. I haven't updated to the ver. .84 yet, but the LoTW upload is now working under ver .71. I'm not sure what the real difference was, but no problems now.

Many thanks for the continuing help ... I very much appreciate your efforts.

73'a,

Lee - K3DMG