logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

LoTW Rcvd & Date fields to any report
K8ZM
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2015 8:08:15 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
I'm trying to modify several reports to add LoTW qsl status.

There doesn't seem to be a report specific to providing LoTW status in a similar format as the legacy old school "paper" format. I have all my reports looking at those "old" fields, but, of course the days of QSL cards is rapidly going away with the advent of eQSL, LoTW, Club Log, etc.... Anyways, LoTW fields QSL Sent, Sent Date, QSL Received, and Received Date are the main ones I'd like to add. I did get the QSL Sent and Received status fields added but the QSL Sent field only prints a period and the received field prints nothing.

I'm sure I'm just messing up the syntax or looking at the wrong database. Any help would be appreciated !!

Thanks,

73, de N8GLS

Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
K8ZM
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2015 8:51:15 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Sorry, here's the report and the fields I tried to add:

Report: Awards
Fields: Log.lotw_sent, Log.lotw_rcvd

Added them to the log report, the sent field also prints a period, the rcvd field does print the status (R,F, etc). Properties I have set the same between the awards report and the log report.

73, Brad N8GLS
WN4AZY
#3 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 1:21:11 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Brad:

The Awards report prints the best QSL_RCVD status available, and you can tell it to give paper or LoTW priority. You could force it to print LoTW only using an Initial Select Criteria.

LOGic does not record the date when LoTW is sent like it does for paper, and the reports do not print QSO Sent status, since sent status is not germane to your progress (but do check out CARDS NEEDED FOR AWARD). The presumption is that you are going to send them all, and soon after the QSO hihi.

If you want instructions on how to add the user-defined field QSLSDATE or QSLRDATE to a report, let me know.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Dennis WN4AZY
K8ZM
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2015 11:25:36 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Hi Dennis,

Thanks. I've used the paper QSL dates in my customized reports for sometime. So, since LOGic doesn't store LoTW sent/recv dates I added the field showing LoTW received status (i.e., R, F, etc.) to my log report. Now the log report shows me QSO's with both hard (paper) and soft (LoTW) QSL status. I can live without the LoTW dates. I do want to add this same LoTW received status field to several of the awards reports. I'll let you know how that goes.

I guess LoTW sent being assumed to be all makes sense, but I will say that I had an instance of my LOGic QSO record count not matching what LoTW thought, it was negative one QSO. I first thought that finding the one missing QSO would be a forever task, but, I was scrolling the logform browse window one day and just by luck saw I had entered an "I" (Ignore) in the LoTW received field instead of an R, so that one QSO never got uploaded. Most always its operator error, hi hi.

The log window has a field for LoTW sent, its just a check box. Is that a field I can add to my log report just to serve as an indicator that it actually was uploaded ??

Thanks, de Brad