logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Spot log click causes this error: OLE IDispach exception code 0
KA1J
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 7:59:37 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
After the new (current) update, when I click on a spot in the spot log I get a Logic error window which says:

OLE IDispach exception code 0 from system: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

If I click ignore: Function argument value, type or count is invalid.

If I click ignore: the error message goes away and all looks normal as if nothing happened.

The next time I click on the spot log, all apparently works fine

Gary
KA1J
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2015 11:25:00 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Hi Gary:

Thanks for the report.

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce it, and have had no other complaints about this.

For lack of anything better to try, please reinstall the .79 update. There was a change to a .DLL after I posted .79 originally. No new version for LOGic per se as I did not recompile it.

Is it 100% repeatable?

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
KA1J
#3 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2015 5:40:27 PM(UTC)

Hi Dennis,

I'll re-install .79 when I'm done typing this.

Interestingly, I came back to the computer after leaving it alone since this morning looking for Chesterfield Is. and left Logic running so the spot log would be up to date. When I looked at Logic, there was the same kind of error window as above but this time it said:

OLE IDispach exception code 0 from mscorlib: StartIndex can not be less than zero.
P)arameter name StartIndex..

I click ignore and it goes away.

The last spot was four & a half hours ago. I click on the spot log and the mouse pointer becomes an hour glass, Logic is frozen, which goes away after maybe 15 seconds.

I click on the spot log again and get another hour glass with the same result but when it goes away, all the current spots are showing.

So they were indeed filled as they came through telnet but they were frozen from appearing on the screen until those clicks returned normalcy.

Now off to re-install .79

As to 100% repeatable which is important to know, I don't know. I just installed the update and got the problem and reported it. Had this problem I just mentioned and I've had Logic rinning continuously since the update.

Thanks & 73,

Gary
KA1J

KA1J
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2015 10:22:45 PM(UTC)

I reloaded .79 as I said above and the rig and Logic have been on straight, since then. All seems quiet on the Western Front and none of the error messages have popped up. If they do I'll make mention but thanks for the suggestion to reload. I actually downloaded and overwrote the earlier update and installed from the new download.

Thanks!

Gary
KA1J
KA1J
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2015 10:41:20 PM(UTC)

For gosh's sakes... I posted that 8 minutes ago and when I clicked on a spot in the spot log, I got the original error window as above:

OLE IDispach exception code 0 from system: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

If I click ignore: the error message goes away and all looks normal as if nothing happened.

I made sure it was the exact same sequence and literally copied the info from my first post.

After jumping the hoops, it did QSY to the proper spot & info and the next click on a spot worked properly.

Frustrating... If I just hadn't mentioned how well things were going, all would probably continued to be fine...

Gary
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2015 2:32:22 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Ok, I'm thinking it might be something screwy with a particular spot. When it fails, see if it succeeds on a different spot after restarting. If it does turn out to be spot-data related, send me the specifics of the spot. It would be a lot of screen shots to get everything as you pan, so just see if you see anything out-of-the-ordinary.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY