logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

OMNIRIG radio control problems
N4iQ
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 4:21:33 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi Dennis

I have LOGic9.0.71 running in Win7 32bit OS and I am trying to interface my two radios, TS590s and TS2000, to OMNIRIG in LOGic. I have OMNIRIG installed and I am using it with AFREET Bandmaster. OMNIRIG is working fine with Bandmaster and both radios track and are controlled properly.

In LOGic9 "Miscellaneous Setup" I have selected Radio 1 (my TS590s - same as OMNIRIG) as OmniRig rig1. From the help files I understand the comport and associated settings are ignored. The TS2000 is OMNIRIG rig2, etc. I have "disable" unchecked by the radios. When I exit LOGic setup the radio control windows show but radio data is not being read. Radio reset in Tools does not reset the radios. If then I close LOGic9 and start it again, when LOGic9 is initializing, loading stops and a window pops up labeled "TS590 omnirig" and says " Omnirig cannot be loaded. Make sure it is installed!". Same for the TS2000.

I have the latest OMNIRIG Version 1.15 and it is in the AFREET folder - C:\Program Files\Afreet\OmniRig. I can open OmniRig.exe from this folder and it runs properly and has the setup data for both radios.

I would appreciate your help in getting OMNIRIG to run here with LOGic.

Thanks Bill N4iQ.
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
vk4iu
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 7:11:37 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day Bill,

Some things you might like to try.

LOGic knows where to fire up OmniRig because OmniRig, during OmniRig installation, has been "registered" with Windows.

Re-install OmniRig as an "administrator" - right click the setup file and "Run as Administrator".

You should always run LOGic too as an Administrator.

Make sure there is only ONE OmniRig running. Stop anything using OmniRig, and kill all the OmniRig processes using Task Manager, and try again with LOGic. Or just reboot the PC. Check the processes running with Task Manager - right click on the Task Bar.

Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
N4iQ
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 10:25:17 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi Peter VK4IU - Thanks so much for your help. That did the trick. I uninstalled OMNIRIG, reinstalled it as administrator. I find I have to load OMNIRIG as an administrator, leave the OMNIRIG panel open (visible) and then open LOGic as an administrator. If I click "OK" on the panel before opening LOGic, LOGic fails to load properly even though Task Manager shows OMNIRIG is still an open application... no big deal. Took some experimenting to find this out. Radio control in BandMaster and LOGic function simulanteously now. At a later date I am going to use OMNIRIG to also control HDSDR for my SDR / Panadapter. So three applications will be using OMNIRIG simultaneously. I will be sure to open that program as an administrator as well. You don't know how much I appreciate your helping me. I would never have figured it out. 73 Bill N4iQ